Groups "abandoned" by their creators

I have seen comments in some groups and this seems to be a recurring problem on a number of websites with group like forums, but owner/creators have not logged in forever and it leaves people hanging that want to join a group along with a number of moderator duties which are not being done. So, ... what are the plans for keeping groups which are languishing in the sea of neglect up and going?
Not sure if you have an easy way of automating the process, but at least a policy (or and faq for an already established policy in case I totally blew by it - :( ) for how a group can be handed over to a more responsible member.
It would seem to be to a sites general health to eliminate dead groups. A large percentage of dead groups leads one to conclude that the site is in a death trend. Just sayin !

This topic was edited
RE: Groups "abandoned" by their creators

I totally agree. I have had success assuming the admin responsibilities of such a group. Admin had not logged in in two years. The group was targeted very nice for my interest so did not want to simply start a new one. I reached out directly to TeamTrue and after some exchange of information was mad an admin for the group. I encourage everyone with a similar interest to do that.

This post was edited

Are such groups worthwhile to being with? If groups survive and flourish without a moderator and don't get taken over by spammers or worse, then great. But I've been in a few groups where nothing has been posted by anyone for months. I started off the year with a simple post in some of the groups I was a member of: "Is this still an active group?" I there was no response after a couple of moths I took note of the people in the group(s) to see if there was anyone I might want to keep in contact directly and then I left the group.
One problem with the groups on True Nudists is that members, with good intentions, don't look to see if there's already groups with similar subjects. Others set up groups for things that really should be discussion topics in the forum. Others set up groups just to find others with similar interests, there's no discussion in the group rather people connect through the group to become online friends. And there are simply some groups that shouldn't have been created in the first place because they're not appropriate for True Nudists.

This post was edited

I too belong to a group that had an administrator who seemed to have abandoned the group. I contacted TT1 and was appointed as an administrator to the site. I'm trying to revive it but many members seem to have forgotten about it but we'll keep trying.If you belong to a similar group, contact TT1 and see if you can be appointed as an administrator.

This post was edited