Who Here Are Veterans?

Here I set in my backyard at about 4 AM after waking up with what some would call a PTSD episode...what others would call a disturbing dream.

Since I'm clothed with just a robe which is open to enjoy the warm West Texas breeze while trying to relax after the episode, I wander about how many other veterans have to do this.

I'll post more about tonight later on today once I am more with it. Right now, my brain is kinda scrambled.

This topic was edited
RE: Who Here Are Veterans?

Here I set in my backyard at about 4 AM after waking up with what some would call a PTSD episode...what others would call a disturbing dream.Since I'm clothed with just a robe which is open to enjoy the warm West Texas breeze while trying to relax after the episode, I wander about how many other veterans have to do this.I'll post more about tonight later on today once I am more with it. Right now, my brain is kinda scrambled.

What does flagging a post do? I hope that doesn't get this deleted; there is no follow button.

This post was edited

What does flagging a post do? I hope that doesn't get this deleted; there is no follow button.Flagging a post brings it to the attention of the moderators. They'll look at it and decide whether to delete it. In this case, I'm sure they won't.

This post was edited

Here I set in my backyard at about 4 AM after waking up with what some would call a PTSD episode...what others would call a disturbing dream.Since I'm clothed with just a robe which is open to enjoy the warm West Texas breeze while trying to relax after the episode, I wander about how many other veterans have to do this.I'll post more about tonight later on today once I am more with it. Right now, my brain is kinda scrambled.I am not a veteran of active service but a veteran of life.I too had a period when I lost it all and yes I have sessions where sleep is disturbed and no matter how one tries one ends up tossing and turning endlessly.
So I too get out of bed and head for the roof (which is flat concrete) and sit or lay naked looking at the lights of the buildings in our neighbouring districts or the stars that dot the skys while mother nature fans my body with warm gentle Saigon breezes. I do this because being nude with nature is such a great stress reliever as no doubt you will agree.
One must apply the mozzie repellant but with natures natural massage, nd the traquility of the lack of people generated nois polution the mind relaxes and one can again return to the land of slumber.Rest easy and enjoy Jim

This post was edited

Here I set in my backyard at about 4 AM after waking up with what some would call a PTSD episode...what others would call a disturbing dream.Since I'm clothed with just a robe which is open to enjoy the warm West Texas breeze while trying to relax after the episode, I wander about how many other veterans have to do this.I'll post more about tonight later on today once I am more with it. Right now, my brain is kinda scrambled.I am not a veteran of active service but a veteran of life.I too had a period when I lost it all and yes I have sessions where sleep is disturbed and no matter how one tries one ends up tossing and turning endlessly.
So I too get out of bed and head for the roof (which is flat concrete) and sit or lay naked looking at the lights of the buildings in our neighbouring districts or the stars that dot the skys while mother nature fans my body with warm gentle Saigon breezes. I do this because being nude with nature is such a great stress reliever as no doubt you will agree.
One must apply the mozzie repellant but with natures natural massage, nd the traquility of the lack of people generated nois polution the mind relaxes and one can again return to the land of slumber.Rest easy and enjoy Jim
Thank you. I've been exhausted all day in part due to what happened last night. Emotionally it's very draining, and I guess I should go see my psychologist at the VA next week. It's important that such episodes be recorded and reported. This was the scariest episode I've ever had in 20 years since the Gulf War, and the trigger was weird looking back on it. I try not to watch things on TV that will disturb me, but sometimes my mind plays really weird tricks on me even when I'm fine neurologically as I also have epilepsy.I never rest well. It's always something...chronic pain, depression, PTSD or seizure symptoms, but I appreciate your good wishes."Jim Shorts," FounderTexas Naturists Group

This post was edited

I wish you well Jim, I myself am a former Royal Marine with service in Aden and the jungles of Borneo and Malaya, I to have a few ghosts but time heals. God be with you.Aye DaveThank you, Dave. I know that God is always with me, and I've enjoyed serving and living alongside the Brits when both my father and I were in the US Air Force.

This post was edited

US Navy Vet here. Joined under CIC Reagan, left under CIC Clinton.

This post was edited

I served but was Stateside my entire time.

This post was edited

Here I set in my backyard at about 4 AM after waking up with what some would call a PTSD episode...what others would call a disturbing dream.Since I'm clothed with just a robe which is open to enjoy the warm West Texas breeze while trying to relax after the episode, I wander about how many other veterans have to do this.I'll post more about tonight later on today once I am more with it. Right now, my brain is kinda scrambled.Thanks to everyone that responded especially the vets. I hope you'll friend me and join Texas Naturists, especially
alwaysnaked1071 I bet we have a lot in common.

This post was edited

Jim...just another one that answered the call but got lucky. Went to Grenada, the Central America routine and a little down south. It was not any real combat but went where the orders said go. Do know that your work helped keep countless stateside people safe; we were all there as directed. Good luck and remember we're all with you. John.

This post was edited

WWII

This post was edited