PL
PlainOldMe62

Discussion

Current Conditions

Posted Mar 31, 2019

Replies6
PL
PlainOldMe62
PlainOldMe62Original Poster
Mar 31, 2019

I visited Rooster on March 30 and had a surprisingly nice day. Temps were in the mid 60s and there was a light cool breeze, but the sun was nice and warm and if you got out of the breeze it was great. Water levels were low enough that all trails were dry, but high enough to flood all beach areas. Felt like spring.

ReactReplySubscribe

Replies

  • PL
    PlainOldMe62
    PlainOldMe62Original Poster
    Jun 4, 2019

    A surprising number of people out!

    ReactReply
  • PL
    PlainOldMe62
    PlainOldMe62Original Poster
    Jun 4, 2019

    Anyone been out lately? What's the water level like? Is there a beach?

    ReactReply
  • PL
    PlainOldMe62
    PlainOldMe62Original Poster
    Jun 11, 2019

    I just spent Sunday and yesterday at Rooster. The water was quite a bit higher than it was when I was last there - the main trail to the beach is under water and there isn't much beach available. There's also been a lot of crumbling and erosion on the path along the river.

    Still, there were plenty of people out and all of the good places to lay out a towel had people sunning in them. I had 2 enjoyable days there.

    ReactReply
  • PL
    PlainOldMe62
    PlainOldMe62Original Poster
    Sep 8, 2019

    Rumor has it that the rangers are patrolling all of the nude areas. Does anyone have first-hand info?

    ReactReply
  • SE
    sea2fella
    Mar 19, 2021

    The rangers weren't there when I having fun with a GF.

    ReactReply
  • JU
    justinian82
    Jul 14, 2022

    The water is so high that there is barely any beach and bugs were pretty bad. Not too crowded and a lot of little private alcoves you could chill in. Still a good time, but not the typical nude beach experience I have been used to in previous years.

    ReactReply