RE: Why?

Women are told from a very young age to always wear clothes and be prim & proper. Men have always had group showers in Phys Ed and during military years, are in an environment where they are nude among others. Men IMHO are usually more comfortable in their skin. All of us have needed to unlearn the keep your clothes on syndrome we're taught and to be comfortable clothes-free.
This is a good reason i see where you're coming from

This post was edited
RE: Why?

I've got another exemple of what I've been talking about.

Last night I was chatting in the chatroom with someone on cam and the guy had no problem walking aroud naked but his wife was covered.

This post was edited
RE: Why are men more open to being nude than women

I think we need to look at why there are more males NOT less females. Bottom line - most men, not all, but mostare approaching nudism for the wrong reasons. Men are driven by sex. Lets be realistic, most men try nudism forthe "playboy" reasonshopefully they grow out of that when they see what nudism is reallyabout. Women are trying nudism for different more mature reasonsthat are not as common as the sex factor, so there won't be as many.
Example:
If the nude beaches wereentirely male,some ofthe men would not go. Some men are only there to see some naked ladies. Those men might say "we are here to enjoy the sand and ocean"but are they ? I'm not trying to bash the single guys at the nude beach but the single guy needs to ask this question "would I go to aCLOTHED beach, by myself, to enjoy the sand andocean" If you can HONESTLY say yes, then you are legitimate. If you would never go to a regular beach by yourself then whyshould the nude beach be any different?
If a straight single male wants to know how a female feels on the nude beach all they need to do is spend the dayat the Gay section of the beach. You cannot ask "why the ladies have problems with single men" if you don't understand how they feel !! Walk a mile in someone else's shoes.
If the beaches outside ofthe United Statesare more 50/50 ratio, then maybe they have taught theirSONS to havemore matureattitude towards nudity. Maybe the males in other countries would not get all excited about Janet Jackon's boob. :)
The single guys on the beach that want to see the naked ladies should not get all the blame. It's what we are taught. Between strip clubs, playboy,etc...no wonder we run around like little kids just because of some nudity. This is NOT an excuse. Its something that needs to be fixed.
Hugh Heffner would be out of business if everyone was naked.
Thisis just my humble opinion. You are free to disagree. "Being a nudist is more about being free than it is about being naked"

This post was edited

Thank all of you for your answers. Its sad that women let the media dictate how they should feel about thier bodys and thier image but I understand a little better why. Thank you all again.

This post was edited

We agree that there are many men AND women that are in it for the wrong reasons. But you need to consider all the people that are in the life for the same reasons that we are. Freedom. We live this lifestyle for us. not to see or be seen by others. And due to all the nudists we have met in person we continue to love the lifestyle that we choose to live. As far as the OP there are im sure many different reasons why some are more comfortable with nudity than others. I would guess it all depends on the person or people and the situations they are in to understand the all mighty question WHY some are more open than others. So there are and always IMO will be many answers the the question at hand.

This post was edited

I wonder if it may also be a matter of the company women keep. We could have a group of five women who meetregularly andtalk about all sorts of things. If one woman asks, "What do you think about nude beaches?," whether she'll bring the subject up again will depend on how her four friends react to that simple question. Perhapsone would say, "I tried it when I was in (fill in the blank) on vacation;" the others could say, "Wow! Tell us about it!," or "Don't you ever try that in this area, especially in front of my husband!"

In other words, like men, women will often do what their friends do and avoid what their friends avoid. There are certain costs to being "one of the gang."

This post was edited

One thing here is probably difference between continental Europe and anglosaxon culture. In European countries on several nude or clothing optional beaches women form a solid majority. Also personal experience shows that of random persons who put into situation where mixed-gender nudity takes place, women/girls are generally far more open to take their gear off, regarding they deem situation as "safe" and comfortable otherwise. Also if taken a poll, probably more women would be open to nude sunbathing as a preferred mode, if there only would be suitable time/place, whereas of men not that many feel the urge to get tan without lines or not feel clothes on their skin.
On the other hand in organised nude scene there is a male majority when not regulated by quotas etc. That has few reasons. One of them is that men are general more inclined to committed and regular social activities, which require membership, participation etc. Another is that single men do not feel uncomfortable in nude setting, but single women often do if there are several times more men than women, and especially if they feel being "open prey". Being "open prey" doesn't even mean that there would have to be pick-up attempts or similar constantly, but even in well-intended company single/lonely women often do get more than fair share of social attention and/or patronizing and that is a definite turn-off at times. That is probably the biggest reason for gender imbalance in nude world, especially when it comes to more organized nudity. In Europe beaches and spas are more simple for women to go to as they are places where social interaction depends more on oneself that in a mor eorganized nude events and resorts.

How to improve the situation? There are no easy answers, but some serious consideration about how in general in times of nominal gender equality lone men and lone women get very different social treatment and diminishing that difference in treatment would be a good start.

Aki aka TravelNudie

This post was edited

Well NON NUDISTS would say because men are all prudes

A naked body is a naked body for me its a lot more normal to be naked than to not cuz thats the way we're born. Clothes are only protection from the weather it is not to hide behind.
Quite an excellent reply!!!!

Yes clothes are un-needed as we all know what each other looks like right?

Its just silly....

This post was edited

Originally Posted by DeosilOh, and also, for younger men there's the very real fear that they'll get an erection in a public place and be unable to control it
Blah!!

Nothing wrong with knowing your member works correctly right?

I think people are way too scared,etc........

This post was edited