Why are men more open to being nude than women

I've always wondered why men are more at easy showing thier bodies wheather in a nudist context or not. A naked body is a naked body for me its a lot more normal to be naked than to not cuz thats the way we're born. Cloths are only protection from the weather it is not to hide behind. Please help me understand why men are more confortable than women in this matter. There shouldn't be a difference in gendre when it comes to what naturel and whats not.

This topic was edited
RE: Why are men more open to being nude than women

It is the nature of males (in any species) to show off.

This post was edited

Also, despite the "nudity does not equal sex" mantra, ask a few women how many of them have been approached at the beach, resorts, clubs, etc. "A few bad apples...."

This post was edited

That is a really great clip NIM. More women and young girls should see it. It might change their perceptions of what beauty really is.

This post was edited

It a shame that we've gotten so off course with all the media telling people what they should look like and then people believing it. I brought this up cuz I've noticed that in the chatroom the is only 1 girl i've ever noticed on cam. And here at my naturist accociation they told me that there are more young men that stick with nudism when introduced young than women. And I'm talking brought into the groupe as children and most girls leave at puberty while the men mostly stay.

This post was edited

Very few men have ever felt like prey, being hunted by women.

This post was edited
Why oh why?

I think that men are just generally more comfortable with their bodies!!

This post was edited
RE: Why oh why?

In todays society a woman believes she has to have the perfect body. A spell has been cast on women, that if you don't have that perfect body then you should leave your clothes on. I know my late wife was very conscious of her body and hid behind clothes. But she always a very modest person. Most men have no modesty and there fore we just naturally get naked more easily than women.

This post was edited
RE: Why?

Women are told from a very young age to always wear clothes and be prim & proper. Men have always had group showers in Phys Ed and during military years, are in an environment where they are nude among others. Men IMHO are usually more comfortable in their skin.

All of us have needed to unlearn the keep your clothes on syndrome we're taught and to be comfortable clothes-free.

This post was edited

In one word: SOCIETY!

This post was edited

Since I can only firsthand relate to 50% of the question - I posed the question to my wife - her take was that from an early ageshewas taught to ALWAYS be covered - even before puberty when there is no difference being shirtless between girls and boys. (Kinda pissed her off since most of her childhood friends were boys) In addition - our entire lives (men), the "private parts" are handled many times each day (bathroom) and viewed very easily each day (mirror after shower) and as such - men I guess develop a higher "comfort level?" with having societal taboo parts out in view. In my view - the only way to combat a fear is to face it head on and in this case shuck the clothes and be free. When my wife finally went totally nude in a social setting - after about 10 minutes she did not want to dress again.

In all fairness - I think there are plenty of men out there that are terribly shy about showing any part of their bodies - much less their genitals - so, who knows - if everyone could experience the freedom of being nude the inhibitions might lessen a bit - and the novelty will wear off and it becomes no big deal anymore - we have a LONG way to go ....

This post was edited