RE: Help! Perimenopausal Symptoms...

Didn't want to jump in here but considering the other guys have already broken down the door. I recall reading something about natural soy based estrogen....I don't remember exactly where I read it but I'll try to remember to look around for it when I have more time.

Hey Steve (and all the other men who posted), thank you for jumping in! It may be the ladies room, but the door on this thread is wide open! Every man has a mother/sister/aunt/niece/grandmother/wife/female friend who has, is, or is going to go through this. As long as your posting helpful info on this subject, it doesn't matter what gender provides it.

Thanks for mentioning, Soy. It reminded me that at one point or another (before this became a concern of mine) I did read or hear something about it being a good thing for women to increase their soy intake. Will look into that as well.

Jen

p.s. Nice to hear your "voice", feels like it's been a while

This post was edited

Thanks Jen,
I have been a bit preoccupied with work and taxes lately. I do check in here pretty much every day if for nothing else than to see what's new. Just don't always have the time or energy to post to the forum. It's going to get worse before it gets better here over the next couple months but it won't last forever. For both of us LOL

This post was edited

I was one of the lucky ones who did not get the hot flushes however my body heat is definitly higher than before.. for sleep get from a health shop Melatonian its what I use when necessarey and also when flying .. also flight attendants and crews use as these and those who travel time zones . its the natural substance in our brains that infact helps us to go to sleep.. you will never have " wakeup hangovers" take 2 - 3 a night to build it up for about 5 days and then drop back to 1 - 2 30 mins before going to bed..
Hope this assists you and I totally agree with Jackie also as i am into natural mediciene and have a GP/MD who is as well

HUGS

This post was edited

Even I am suffering from the early perimenopause symptoms. They are too irritating. Irregular menustral periods and frequent urge in urine. I am presently following the things mentioned below to get rid of perimenopausal symptoms.
Try to stay cool. Keep your bedroom cool at night. Use fans during the day.Wear light layers of clothes with natural fibers such as cotton.
Try deep, slow abdominal breathing (six to eight breaths per minute). Practice deep breathing for 15 minutes in the morning, 15 minutes in the evening and at the onset of hot flashes.
Daily Exercise is necessary. Walking, swimming, dancing, and bicycling are all good choices.
Chill pillows; cooler pillows to lay head on at night might be helpful.
Pills and Tablets
Vitamin B complex
Vitamin E
Ibuprofen
Catapres, Catapres-TTS, and Aldomet, blood pressure medications
Birth control pills
Antidepressants, such as Zoloft, Paxil, and Effexor
Other hormones, such as Provera and Megace
Neurontin, an anti-seizure drug

This post was edited