RE: What defines you as a nudist/naturist?

To the original question....
Nothing !
It's merely but one aspect of who I am.

This post was edited

well bruce, I stated "some type of social setting". Is a group of people getting together to skinny dip not a social setting? I do love how you try to imply that nudists who go go to nude beaches , resorts, landed or non landed groups are swingers though. Nice try, but sorry, not a swinger, not now or in the past.

This post was edited

I am a nudist regardless people see me naked or not. I like being naked.
I am a naturist in everydaylife style, meaning taking care my own body as parts of nature.
The funny thing in chat room is that whenever people see me not naked, they would ask me to get nakedas this site is for nudists.

This post was edited

I don't think anyone touched on the question, or questions. Does being social define being a nudist. Everyone has different thoughts on this, is a home nudist a nudist. For me, and I know many will disagree, no. To me, you can practice nudism at home, but your not a nudist until you have joined in some type of Social Setting with other nudists.
Ah HA !!
The typical definition includes practicing nudism in mixed company.
I suppose then, that in order to mix nude with the other gender, a social atmosphere would be required.
On that basis, would it count to have attended a nude social gathering once ?

I suppose I could argue not, since a "practice" implies some kind of routine basis. I would argue that lack of opportunity to engage in mixed gathering should not exclude one from claiming the label, such as our friend in Singapore, while a refusal or reluctance to attend any mixed nude social gathering if/when available and convenient, should.

On the other hand, it appears these days, that the vast majority of women wear some kind of wrap. A sarong, a long T-shirt, something, very seldom actually nude.
Oh, a few women are routinely completely nude, but few, and apparently getting fewer by the day.
SO, are the men nudists, and the women not, since nearly all men are completely nude, and nearly all women are not, yet both are in mixed company ?
( hats, shoes, watches and such excepted. )

Also observed, that for many, "nude" simply means exposed genitals, such as the man in a waist length T-shirt. I'd argue that is not nude, although sun burn and such make this an acceptable exception, but not on a routine basis.
Obviously, shorts only is generally accepted as not nude, but I would argue that merely exposing genitals while otherwise clothed is not nude, either, though such manner of dress is only accepted in a nudist environment.

This post was edited
What defines you as a nudist/naturist?

Just my love of being naked i dont feel i have to do anything more

This post was edited

bump

This post was edited
who i am

being naked means being me without pretense ... i'm more authentically me when i'm naked

This post was edited
By definition

Ny nakedness is a proclamation that a maturing human being isa joyful person whose words and deeds point the way to wholeness, happiness, and health.

This post was edited

its simple im free 2 b me

This post was edited