RE: Avoid embarrassment

"A couple of the nudist clubs i frequent even have a disclaimer about this issue. "it is natural for men to get erections if it happens, as long as there is no masturbation it's not a problem"

It would seem you visit clubs which are very different to any I have visited.

This post was edited

I totally agree with what you men are saying about this issue. The few social nude experiences that I have had so far have been total NON-erection events. Absolutely no problems with one. It is a thing of understandable worry for the new male nudist, but take it from us...it will be a non-issue. Just don't worry about it.

This post was edited

I think we were all sort of "embarrassed" or something when we had our first nude experience. When I first went to Gunnison Beach in NJ, it was at least my third attempt to go there. I kept chickening out in the Poconos of PA. Anyway, I made it to the parking lot and still had no idea I was in the right place. All of the beaches I could see from the road had clothed people. I got up enough nerve to ask two guys in a convertible how to get to the nude beach. They acted kind of stoned, but without judgement told me where it was. I was at the right spot. At the bathhouse, which is a bit of of hike from the beach, I was most embarrassed at my choice of underwear under my clothes. I only brought a towel with me. Now, I take my stuff in a back pack, and leave underwear behind. OK So I'm on the sand, looking around. I figured, it was now or never. Shucked off my pants and shoes, and .... nothing happened. No one was shocked. One guy later on commented that I was pale. I don't get to the beach often, but now I strip down to a swimsuit or loose shorts in the bath house, so by the time I reach the "Beyond this Point..." sign, I am already buck naked.I am so comfortable with nudity, that even at the campgrounds I go to, the first chance I get, after paying to enter, I am clothes-free. I should ask if it is all right to pay while naked. LOL But where would I put the change?

This post was edited

I remember the first time I was nude in public, I was 14. I was so hard, could not control it. This was at a nudist beach, so able to hide some, and glad I did cuz some boys from school were there and we met up. I was not nude at that point, as I was leaving to go home, but I sure did not want them to see me hard, or nude!, lol how things change! Now there is never a problem getting hard, ha, even at home, thats what some heart meds do to ya. Couldn't get hard at a nudist resort if I tried!

This post was edited

I never had a problem. I was nude so much at home, it was no big deal. I never had any problem. My only suggestion is to be nude as much as possible. You won't have a problem when you are in a social event.

This post was edited

I never had a problem. I was nude so much at home, it was no big deal. I never had any problem. My only suggestion is to be nude as much as possible. You won't have a problem when you are in a social event.Good advice. Pretty much my own story

This post was edited

You have "hit the nail on the head"!!!!
Common place nudity would be better for everyone. I would also bet that there would be far fewer sexual assaults around, simply because the curiosity is removed. This curiosity is a very unnatural one that causes many problems society has brought on.

This post was edited

I remember when I was in the 8th grade I would almost always get an erection in class about 10 minutes before I had to change for gym. I was always afraid that it would last until I got there, but it always went away by the time I was changing. I have never come close to getting an erection whenever I have visited a CO beach. In fact I usually have the opposite problem. It usually shrinks up! If you go for the freedom of going clothes free you won't have anything to worry about.

This post was edited

I have been involved in social nudity now for about 2 years. On my first visit to the swim club I noticed an attractive woman in the group of folks waiting for the baths to open. I thought "oh no, I might be in trouble here" (thinking erections) - however I went ahead and stripped off I had no "awkward moments" nor have I since. From what I have heard it is EVERY man's nightmare, but very very few have a problem.
My advice would be to take note of the advice about what to do if "it" happens and just go for it; more likely than not you will not have a problem.
Good Luck.

This post was edited

Very well said. One of a few who actually makes sense. Yes, you make some points that I never thought about before. It is time society gets their heads out of the sand and addresses these issues.
I know in some cultures women are not even allowed to show their faces, thus wearing a veil to cover up, including all skin, hands etc. I think hands too. I am not to judge these cultures, but I wonder how well these people get on in private social situations. What do their children learn. We all have much to learn from all, but I think it is time to perhaps change some beliefs about dress codes. And where did these come from in the first place? Perhaps living nomadic lives in hot desert regions played a role?
Personally, I perfer "openess". Yes, there are appropriate times to dress and cover the body, but I do not think it needs the covering we humans as a society have forced up ourselves.

This post was edited