RE: Photos from TN Showing Up On Tumblr

A question, for those who are having their photos end up on Tumblr, were they listed as available for everyone or restricted to friends only.

This post was edited

Saving photos from this site is easier than some people might realize. From a cell phone, anyways. You can do it exactly the same as you'd download them from anywhere else.
I tested this on a few of my own photos to see if it actually worked or if I'd just get a privacy notification. They download just fine.

And then, as was said, anybody could just take a screen shot, too.

This post was edited

Well said, rebel.

I was just recently having a discussion about different people's situations in life and their place in the nudist community.

Nowadays I don't really give a hoot who sees my photos. But when I was in the military I didn't post many photos just because of the off chance that they be seen by the wrong person it could have easily, negatively impacted my career.

For that reason, while I echo your sentiment and admire your openness, given your situation, I sympathize with people who are concerned about people seeing their photos. Everybody has their reasons, but the simple solution (in my opinion) is to do as I did: don't post photos if you're concerned about people seeing them.

Not an ideal solution but it works.

This post was edited

The way I see it, my pics here on TN are visible to thousands of members, so what's the difference if a few thousand more can see them on Tumblr?So true Lucas
All 237,000 TN members can see our photos but only 50,000 (one in five or 20%) have any photos in their profiles. I agree with the entry which asks if we can really say nudism is wholesome if we do not want to be seen naked. But, from the figures above, we are very muchin the minority.
Incidentally finding photos on a particular theme in Tumblr is a bitlike finding a needle in a haystack - whether it's nudes, butterflies, old buildings, vintage cars...... Unless you tune into particular bloggers who major on that theme. So anyone finding nude photos there is likely to be specifically looking for nude photos. Just a thought.

This post was edited

Is there any recourse with copyright laws?

This post was edited

Yes. Tumblr will remove pictures at the request of the copyright holder, which is you, if you created the picture. They have been very good at removing things. The only hard part is you finding them out there.

This post was edited