RE: Urinals

I remember stopping at a rest stop just before a bunch of military guys showed up at the same stop. It had a small mens' room with 4 sinks, 2 urinals and a couple stalls and there were a lot of guys that needed to relieve themselves. The line moved slowly until all the civilians were done in the bathroom. All the military guys filed in at once. I wasn't sure what was going on, but later figured they might be used to a lot less privacy and probably doubled up at the urinals and maybe pissed together into the sinks. I'm not really sure what happened, but I'm sure there wasn't much privacy and they got back on the road a lot faster however they handled it.That's cool that the military guys just went in and took care of business. I can just picture them doubling up at the urinals and pissing into the sinks. That would have been quite a sight!
I wish we could get over all this political correctness in the US and just let guys be guys.
I think it started with Women's Liberation. From that time, males learned the wrong thing growing up. I have never seen a male who didn't care who saw their privates.

This post was edited

The political correctness has seeped out of the US and the UK and now invading Australia! Its a joke! It is invading all sorts of social issues. The extreme right has a lot to answer for. And using religion is an insult to many people of the Christian and other faiths.

This post was edited

Speaking of urinals, i was in India last feb. I took a pic of a urinal outside of the palace of some local royalty and a grade school. Very modest with dividers between the 3 urinals but no backside to it! This was visible from the parking area where folks picked the kids up from school Like Paul Harvey used to say " it's not one world"I posted the pic in my profile

This post was edited

... The reason? State law requires an equal number of toilets for men and women. Rather than have the expense of adding more toilets to the women's room, the decision was made to remove half the urinals to comply with state law. At busy times, there is always a line to use the urinals. ...

I don't intend to hijack the thread and take it off-topic, here, but this is totally absurd... both the state law and the fact that they reduced the number of fixtures. Maybe they have not checked, lately, but men and women ARE, in fact, biologically different. Women have additional needs in the bathroom that men don't have--it is a known fact (if you don'the get my drift, think of their monthly cycle).

I have a friend that works at Disneyland in the night custodial. He was shocked the first time he went into the rest rooms. The women's rest rooms are way bigger than men's, and even then, many times the women have a line to use the rest room. To meet demand and reduce wait times (lines are long enough for rides, they don'the want huge lines for the bathroom... too many chances for accidents with all those kids there), they have even sometimes remodeled and taken space/fixtures from a men's room and added it to the women's. So, such a law in California would be ridiculous (and very costly, in both expense and real estate)... to have to make the men's room three times bigger than is needed. And I am not exaggerating. For one particular rest room location, he told me that men have 5 toilets and 8 urinals whereas that same location's women's room has 36 toilets. Men are just faster in taking care of all their bathroom needs compared to women, so need fewer fixtures.

This post was edited

Bashful1 You are right there mate, but why the reduction in troughs so asto install fewer urinals? Crazy stuff there mate.

This post was edited

Batnballs story about the military guys in the rest stop reminded me of something that happened years ago. I can't believe I didn't think of this when i was commenting. It was in the early 90's. I was out with three other guys at a bar and we had been drinking beer and I guess it must have been closing time, but they had one men's room and guys were lined out the door. Once inside the men's room there were three urinals off on the right wall (no partitions by the way) and one toilet stall hidden from our view on the left. I had used this men's room many times, but this night it was a slow moving line. There were two sinks right inside the door to our right on the wall the door was on. This guy up ahead stepped out of the line and up to the sink farthest from the line and unzipped and unloaded into the sink. A few guys cheered. He was in full side view of the line but didn't care. He just looked ahead into the mirror. All it took was one. Another guy stepped up to the other sink right next to me and as he undid his pants turned and gave this big toothy grin to all of us idiots standing in the line and did this big funny "aaaahhh" as he relieved himself. He turned to me and said "It's all warmed up for ya!" So I turned and did the same thing. My buddies cheered me on and then one after another the line used the sinks as well as the urinals and stall. It was pretty funny.

This post was edited

The political correctness has seeped out of the US and the UK and now invading Australia! Its a joke! It is invading all sorts of social issues. The extreme right has a lot to answer for. And using religion is an insult to many people of the Christian and other faiths.I agree with this. There has been this whole move, and I trace it back to the early 1980's in the US. That's when I saw locker room showers begin to be divided from gang showers into individual stalls. Jacuzzis, that had only been in locker rooms for a few years were removed. Signs went up in saunas and steam rooms asking people to wear bathing suits. It may not be all connected but I always associated these changes with several things. The increase in conservative politics in the Reagan Bush era, where the language was all about freedom and independence, but the laws and actions were all about restriction and control. It also coincided with the first national and then worldwide awareness and fear about the growing AIDS epidemic, and then just a general increase in awareness and education, with philosophies from the religious right equating nudity with sex and sex with evil, and social education programs about good touch bad touch and stuff like that. I don't mean to get off on a soapbox and I am all for protecting society from disease and from perversions, but I believe that more open acceptance of nudity is a better remedy to social problems than restricting it. Troughs make more sense, open showers make more sense, they both take less space, break down barriers and provide for openness and bonding and truth. partitions are about privacy like we all have something we have to hide. Well I have looked down at my own dick while pissing for my whole life, did it next to my dad when i was a little kid and with my brother when we were kids, and I have done it with buddies outdoors and in the open and have showered with boys and men my whole life and I am still here. Instead of shying away from it now, I actually seek out nude saunas and steam rooms and naked swimming places and places i can hike naked. It hasn't slowed me, It's made me more open and accepting of nudity. OK! I'll stop now! That's the way I feel.

This post was edited

The strangest urinal I've ever encountered was in Paris. It was a portable urinal - circular stand with triangular partitions. At a street fair, it was out in the open, parked on the grass, so it was really obvious to passers by what you were doing.

This post was edited

I've been wondering this for years. All of a sudden these dividers have been popping up but the stalls still have gaps that can be seen through. I can just about watch a guy taking a dump but god forbid I'd see him peeing. At a local grocery I went to pee and realized that the guy in the stall directly next to the urinal was face level with my cock and could, through that gap between the stall partitian and the tile wall, watch me peeing. I don't care but there was a divider to my left so that the guy peeing next to me couldn't look. Makes lots of sense.

I just wish there was a site to show or at least list all of the bathrooms WITHOUT dividers! :) The Louisiana Superdome, on most levels, has troughs by the way. What a great place to people watch. LOL

The Atlantic Station movie theater in midtown Atlanta also has dividerless urinals.

This post was edited

What's with walls separating urinals? Society is getting very prudish. In Australia most urinals are long troughs...great to check each other out, and having pissing contests was always terrific when I was a kid!body{zoom:170%!important;}

This post was edited