RE: Urinals

I don't think dividers in men's bathrooms have anything to do with "political correctness" or women's equality - it's the reactionary sexual conservatism that has taken hold in our country since Reagan and the outbreak of AIDS. Let's be real and honest here: open urinals allow guys to not only innocently check each other out, but go further. And quite a few guys are willing to go further, and the restroom may be the only place they can. Ever been waiting for a stall just to realize that two guys were in it? And no, they weren't pissing together to save space. Peering through holes and gaps in the stalls to show and tell and offer bjs is very old-school, and we all know it. Glory holes probably go back at least 100 years, very likely much longer.
Since the "gay scare", local and state governments and businesses have been under a lot of pressure to clean up public restrooms, make them safe for kids and discourage "undesirables" and their undesirable behaviors in the name of privacy and safety. One of the ways they did it was finding materials that resist boring to create glory holes, and putting up more and more dividers (and/or making half-walls) to reduce the lookie-loo opportunities. Where I work there are even blocks at the wall panel joints so there's no peering through the gaps, no possibility of cruising if you might be so inclined. Even Home (Homo) Depot here has this style of enclosure now. All this costs money, though, money that could have been spent on updating or increasing the number of urinals and commodes, so guess what get's cut?
Laws to match the number of women's facilities with that of men was intended to lead to an increase of women's toilets in new construction, not a reduction of men's. But that's the game playing that bean counters devise when looking at reduced budgets because people don't want to pay taxes for such luxuries. Oh, oops, was that not politically correct?

This post was edited

Politically correct? On this subject can you be? Other than refraining from being rude, racist, irreligious, a bully and similar, I think its all good fun and being able to say what one thinks. Isn't that a right under the US Constitution. In the UK and Australia it comes down to Common Law Rights. We probably have a few more rights here, but they are slowly being eroded by the extreme Right pushed by Regan and Bush and Co.

This post was edited

Ohio Stadium in Columbus still has some restrooms with long trough urinals. It's a great place to go!

This post was edited

Not me :(

This post was edited

Been a couple of years since I've seen a trough urinal. Probably the last football game I went to.

This post was edited

What's the point of dividers? We are guys, we are all doing the same thing, why be shy about it. I think a lot of guys don't like being vulnerable or being judged which leads to these dividers but I don't think they are needed. Heck, I would even take a dump on a public toilet that did not have stall dividers, I have nothing to hide.I agree. What are so many afraid of?

This post was edited

I have a shy bladder. Can only piss in front of guys, under most circumstances, if I'm absolutely desperate - else I look like I'm cruising even when I'm not! The lack of dividers is a PITA for me!

This post was edited
RE:Urinals

True have been in some older restrooms where they have a long sink stile urinal where you stand next to another and may some of his penis not that I need to see but open to another seeing mine. Often little ones 2 to 6 will put there paints down to use the urinal showing there ass without a care. Witch is cute. Like to do that but as an adult it would be considered wrong.

This post was edited

I have seen some newer or brand new restrooms not have dividers so they are not completely a thing of the past but also I have seen a lot of restrooms that previously did not have dividers turn around put them up (with no other renovations). I wonder if sometimes it is because they have gotten complaints about not having up dividers. Of course, you do run into guys sometimes who start "shaking more than necessary" but I just don't flinch, don't engage, and finish my business. I guess this may make other guys uptight but to my mind that's on the guy doing it, not me.

I have also used urinals where you see the guy tense up when you use the urinal next to them when there is no divider as though some think there is a rule that if there are only 2 urinals without dividers and one in use a guy should not use the one next to them (smh).

I think alot is generational and my generation does appear to be more conscious about the need for privacy (the younger guys as mentioned doing the towel dance at the gym) but what I find amazing is that this is the same group who will snap or txt out a pic of their penis without concern especially if there is even the slightest possibly of a chick getting it. It's funny that guys are worried about the guy next to them seeing it but not at all at the whole world seeing it on the internet.

I always use the urinal with or without dividers and don't care who looks or who doesn't. It shame some guys worry too much about what the other guy next them is thinking or doing.

This post was edited

Totally love this...casual, relaxed, proud...camping nude I tend to just piss into a bush or off the path not hiding or stopping the chat or whatever at all... just natural and free.

This post was edited