Travelling to Naturist & Nudist Hangouts

How far would you or do you travel to go hang out nude; I mean the furthest.
If you have to go far, how often do you go there?
I'm still looking for places to get away and get nude in the Texas Panhandle without getting in trouble in various ways, because the closest place to me is the one outside of Decatur, Texas, down past Wichita Falls. It occurs to me that there might be some places in Colorado and Oklahoma, and they are actually just as close (or far, depending on one's prospective). I'm really thinking about relocating after my last two kids get out of high school this year to get closer to civilization and also where it's warmer during the fall and winter.
Jim ShortsTexas Naturists Group (here and on Facebook)

This topic was edited
RE: Travelling to Naturist & Nudist Hangouts

Out to my back yard everyday. Socially, in the summer its a 2 hour drive to the closest resort. In the winter its a short golf cart ride a half a block away to a resort.

This post was edited

Locally, the furthest is about 2 hrs away. It's a nude club adjacent to a Nat'l Park ... DeAnza Springs in Jacumba, CA. It's a bit more rustic than my wife would like but they have some great naked hiking opportunities in the Anza Borrego National Park, of which we've taken advantage of a few times. We have traveled much further to the island of St. Martin/Sint Maarten in the French West Indies. We were visiting annually for 9 years but stopped due to health reasons. Now that those were under control, we'd like to return to visiting the island and the clothing optional resort, Club Orient, annually or every couple of years. We've traveled as far as Sweden and Denmark several years ago and visited nude beaches in each country and we've visited Hawaii several times and visited nude beaches there as well.
Our club is only 30 mins away and we have a private enough backyard with pool and hot tubto use naked always ... and we do. We are most fortunate since we have 3 clubs close by, a nude beach and 3 resorts all within an hours drive. For Southern Californians ... an hours drive is nothing and if you plan correctly, you can make that drive with little traffic.

This post was edited

My AndyDi you are fortunate. Closest beach for us requires a Boeing 747 to get there! Our club is 25 min from our house which is a very nice thing. Many of the members have a two hour drive. We too have a private backyard which is a god send.

This post was edited

Right now, a few dozen meters into the back acreage is all it takes. To hit saltwater from here is roughly 400 miles. When we lived in Washington, the closest nice beach was 186 miles away, just outside Portland Oregon. Nearest club is about 3 hours one way.

This post was edited

The wife and I travelled for 4 hours the otherday to go to a nude BBQ at friends place, about a 350 km trip each way, a nude sleep over was great too before returning home the next day.

This post was edited

Locally, the furthest is about 2 hrs away. It's a nude club adjacent to a Nat'l Park ... DeAnza Springs in Jacumba, CA. It's a bit more rustic than my wife would like but they have some great naked hiking opportunities in the Anza Borrego National Park, of which we've taken advantage of a few times. We have traveled much further to the island of St. Martin/Sint Maarten in the French West Indies. We were visiting annually for 9 years but stopped due to health reasons. Now that those were under control, we'd like to return to visiting the island and the clothing optional resort, Club Orient, annually or every couple of years. We've traveled as far as Sweden and Denmark several years ago and visited nude beaches in each country and we've visited Hawaii several times and visited nude beaches there as well.Our club is only 30 mins away and we have a private enough backyard with pool and hot tubto use naked always ... and we do. We are most fortunate since we have 3 clubs close by, a nude beach and 3 resorts all within an hours drive. For Southern Californians ... an hours drive is nothing and if you plan correctly, you can make that drive with little traffic.I think that naturism will continue to become more and more popular in Texas with the large influx of people we have moving here each month from other states and even the whole world. There's quite a population boom taking place, but I doubt we'll ever have all of the facilities and nude or clothing optional beaches that CA and FL have. I would love to visit So. Cal. again, someday. I haven't been in a very long time. When I returned stateside after the Gulf War, a lot of things were free to veterans and active duty personnel like Disneyland, etc. Also, the different military branches often do various military trainings out in the dessert, so there's sometimes opportunity to sneak over to Southern CA from Vegas.

This post was edited

Cookie and I will drive 150 miles each way to visit Collins Beach near Portland.
I am taking a solo motorbike trip in two weeks and at least part of my route is determibed by nudist venues.
Anyone between SE OK and Seattle is welcome to dop me a line.

This post was edited

There was one other club that I didn't mention but it's gone "swinger" so we won't visit that club. I did visit this particular clubseveral times from '01-'07 and met a few really nice people. They were making some improvements but it was still too rustic for my wife's taste so we headed south to another club wherewe are still members .
Our travels always encompass nudism and visiting nudist venues. We have a trip planned with friends from TX but it's a textile trip. Once we go our separate ways, we'll stop at a nudist place on the way home, stay a few days and recharge the nudist batteries with a few days of not wearing a thing and then continue that recharge with a naked drive home! :D

This post was edited

A couple of years ago, I met a friend in Oslo and we spent a week at the Skovly Naturist Center(7800km as a line on google earth); it was quite nice.

This post was edited

There was one other club that I didn't mention but it's gone "swinger" so we won't visit that club. I did visit this particular clubseveral times from '01-'07 and met a few really nice people. They were making some improvements but it was still too rustic for my wife's taste so we headed south to another club wherewe are still members .Our travels always encompass nudism and visiting nudist venues. We have a trip planned with friends from TX but it's a textile trip. Once we go our separate ways, we'll stop at a nudist place on the way home, stay a few days and recharge the nudist batteries with a few days of not wearing a thing and then continue that recharge with a naked drive home! :DI'm always a bit nervous to drive naked as it would be quite awkward if stopped by police, and I live in a super conservative part of America, and I'm sure people would complain. I would love to do so, though. I really look forward to living somewhere where I can do asI please and go to good nudist facilities.

This post was edited