Site Not Helpful For Finding Friends

I've been a member here for awhile now, and I know that some of the problem has to do with my locale, but I haven't found this site very helpful in locating nudist friends. There's all kinds of road blocks set up by people. Do you know of another site (not swinging) that might be helpful?

This topic was edited
RE: Site Not Helpful For Finding Friends

I'm a member of several. But this one is the best you'll find. It's US based, hetero-male friendly (moreso than most, believe it or not, and not set up to exploit people) and huge, even given that a lot of profiles are inactive. I share your frustration, but I think it's not the site, it's the general problem of transitioning from online to real-world interactions, never easy - particularly when one lives in a thinly populated area.

This post was edited

Everybody say they want to make new friends, but in reality people are very skeptical. I've contacted people on this site and have invited them to nudist events but I know their thinking is that everyone else besides them is a weirdo, so they are very reluctant to attend. We have some very good friends who we've met on this site but getting them to come to their first event was a real chore. Like I said they were very skeptical and we were "weird" but they gathered the courage to attend and guess what? They loved it! They loved the people and the fun times and now you couldn't beat them away wit a stick. They are friends forever. I'm not just talking about one couple here as this scenario has played out several times. It's discouraging but I keep plugging away and inviting people to be open and check us out. Maybe everyone else isn't soweird after all. DesertRat.

This post was edited

I've found a few new 'friends' in the local area by joining the local club. You go to a few of their published outings / events and get to know the crew. If it's a smaller group, I suspect it would work better. Good luck. John.

This post was edited

I've found a few new 'friends' in the local area by joining the local club. You go to a few of their published outings / events and get to know the crew. If it's a smaller group, I suspect it would work better. Good luck. John.John, the problem I have with that is that there are no local clubs, facilities, etc. where I'm at.

This post was edited

Sorry to hear you have nothing local Jim, I think it's easier to make real friends by meeting them face to face rather than from a website, a local club or holiday resort is best.

Just had a look at your profile, you seem to have found some friends, judging by the pics on your profile.
S

This post was edited

I suppose it has a lot to do with expectations and responsiveness.I certainly have a number of online TN friends and a small number of those with whom I have been very fortunate to spend some quality time. Sometimes the opportunities are there if we are open yo them and ready to fake a step in that direction.

This post was edited

Jim, I totally apprciate your frustration. I seek genuine folks as well and they are hard to come by for all kinds of legitimate reasons. It takes work but it can be done. I have made some friends through this site.
Just curious why you have pictures posted from the internet without explaining the connection to your profile? This might be a red flag for some.

This post was edited

OKi made an few friends here but shock they like other things
then sit around saying naked naked naked nude nude nude
nudeFloridaall day we talk about video games amiibos
and other stuff. must people are for an phone sex internet booty
call. its about looks ask the girls...oh wait....

This post was edited

Sorry to hear you have nothing local Jim, I think it'seasier to make real friends by meeting them face to face ratherthan from a website, a local club or holiday resort isbest.

+1 on StevieLorna's responce.You are in a tough part of the
country to meet other nudists. Your best bet is to take a trip to a
nudist venue and hopefully make some acquaintances. And your wife
not being a naturist isn't going to help your cause either I'm
afraid.
I agree with the other poster too in that this is probably the best
site out there for meet up potential given the sheer numbers on
here even though a vast number are fake. We too belong to a few
other sites and have met the most people in person from this
site. Living in the heavily populated northeast US is certainly a
help. The odds of being able to meet others here are just
better.

This post was edited

Met a lot of neat people in here over the past few years. Talked to some on the phone and webcam, I believe if it wasn't where we live there would be a whole lot of get togethers. Many live in our own state but still 100 miles away. With work, kids and busy life for so many it's not easy or doable.

This post was edited