RE: Things to do and not to do nude

I've done minor chainsawing nude, except for shoes and protective goggles/hearing protectors. It wasn't bad - the sawdust and chips weren't painful. I figured that if anything really bad were to happen, pants and a shirt wouldn't make much difference - the saw wouldn't even notice them.I have used the chain saw and block splitter nude too, always extra careful to ensure the body doesn't get hurt. Leather chaps are supposed to protect one when using the saw but I haven't owned a pair but I have used a leather welding apron as protection on certain jobs whereas goggles and gloves are a must.

This post was edited

I usually garden naked, but cleaning out the raspberry bushes naked was maybe not the best idea. I got scratches all over my body.I have worked on the cars naked in my garage quite a lot.I don't do chainsawing or weedwacking nude.

This post was edited

While making some audio cables this morning, I found out solder
pops can make things a little exciting :(

This post was edited

Arc welding can light up your life 8-) ...and you don't have to worry about burning holes in yourclothes... ;-)

You can blister uncovered skin this way, quickly. Whatever is
exposed to the arc flash. Ask me how I know.

I worked with a welder, many years ago and he warned me, on my
first day, about the dangers of a flash burn... but he forgot to
tell me that a reflection off of the walls can also do some
damage - - - I had a little trouble seeing for the next day or so...
and learned a good lesson which can be filed under the heading of
- - - Dumb Things to Don't Do, No More. 8-/

BTW, for those people who might not know... the arc flash gives off
ultraviolet rays... the same thing that causes sunburn...
They can bounce off walls, water and other things ... and
still burn you. So, maybe you won't burn holes in your clothes, and
maybe you can avoid the sparks... but you can still
get
an all-over sunburn, if you're not protected.
:-(

This post was edited

I've done minor chainsawing nude, except for shoes and protective goggles/hearing protectors. It wasn't bad - the sawdust and chips weren't painful. Leather chaps are supposed to protect one when using the saw but I haven't owned a pair but I have used a leather welding apron as protection on certain jobs whereas goggles and gloves are a must.I have a pair of leather motorcycle chaps, but they don't cover the most sensitive areas you would want covered the most, just the legs for the most part. I don't know if they would be a whole lot of good against a chainsaw chain or not, and don't care to try and find out personally. :)

This post was edited

It would not be advisable to try sandblasting in the nude, even with the protective helmet on.

This post was edited

It would not be advisable to try sandblasting in the nude, even with the protective helmet on.Sandblasting is what happens when sitting nude on the beach after eating too much hot curry.

This post was edited

I usually garden naked, but cleaning out the raspberry bushes naked was maybe not the best idea. I got scratches all over my body.I have worked on the cars naked in my garage quite a lot.I don't do chainsawing or weedwacking nude.Well you are a TN when you get scratches on the parts of your body where other people will have the um-comfy feeling of cloths on to protect that part of their body.

This post was edited

I have been a firm believer that every thing is better when done nude and that has been proven over years. BUT, I met my match. Installing corrugated metal roofing panels on top of the new sauna building on a hot day, gave me a quick and painful lesson.
Jbee

This post was edited

Most literature and videos suggest long pants, long sleeves, and gloves when working with fiberglass insulation. I have found it to be less irritating to do the work while nude.

This post was edited