RE: Oh, absolutely!

We learn to know the difference between nudity and sex. So, even
with the sun and wind caressing my bare skin, I don't get an
erection just because I'm naked. That goes for nude beaches too,
even those with attractive ladies like Dolixi. On the other hand
sexual activity (on a beach or elsewhere) has an effect.

This post was edited

I don't have that problem. I will not "get excited", either in my head or down below, unless I take a blue pill. I have to have blood flow down below before I will even start to feel excited in my head. I could be in a room full of beautiful, nude women and get no erection. The only upside to this is I can go to a nudist resort and not have to worry about getting an erection. Just lucky I guess.

This post was edited

Not many female contributions, so here I go.Yes, it is true that men are wired differently. And unfortunately (?) for them, their external organ makes it rather difficult to hide it when they are excited.I have no problem at all with erections on the beach, but I do have a problem with aroused men not keeping their distance.Be discrete, cover with a towel or hat, cool down in the sea, but don't assume I want you to parade in front of me.PS: and don't blame me for your erection ;)I wouldn't call it blaming, Dolixi, just giving credit where credit is due!
Like an artist would credit his model/muse for inspiring his work of art. :-)
As for the reaction to going nude on a beach, I think it is much like that first spring day when you go barefoot in the dewy grass as a kid, it feels so great and stimulating to your feet that have been locked in shoes all winter. But by the middle of summer, you don't even notice you are not wearing shoes.

This post was edited

I too enjoy being nude at home, and being in SoCal it's almostyear round. I live alone, so no problem except when neighbors drop by. This is why I keep a robe or shorts by the front door, they don't want to see me naked. There is no excitement issue at home, clubs, resorts or beaches, not even when I drive nude. Thinking back on all of this now, I use to getan erection when Itried things the first few times, but once you aren't thinking about it, it would go away. I still want to try an easy nude hike (haven't done that yet).I have taken a stroll around the residential areas of resorts with out a problem, but being out on a mountainor desert trail might be a bit different. I'll have to wait and see. LOL

This post was edited

Feeling the wind on your body is definitely a good feeling. I still sometimes get that rush from being outsideI agree completely, and I really miss it when I don't get the chance. As it is now officially feckin cold I doubt very much that I'll get many more chances before next year.
However, this has nothing to do with sexual excitement, which thankfully I found the first time I was naked in public, meaning that all my worries came to nothing. Something you don't know until you try

This post was edited

Love the feeling of being naked. Been a social nudist for years and never became erect in mixed company. For me, being a nudist is not sexual. It is about enjoying our natural state in the company of other like minded people. It is about me being me without the trappings of textile life.

This post was edited

I definitely love to be naked at home when I can! A couple problems with that though for me personally...one, my wife doesn't understand it, so when she's at home, I limit my naked time. Two, if I go outside, maybe sit out on the deck, I tend to get (ahem) excited. Something about being naked outside, letting the breeze touch your whole body, is very much a turn on!Anyone else feel the same?

This post was edited

Love the feeling of being naked. Been a social nudist for years and never became erect in mixed company. For me, being a nudist is not sexual. It is about enjoying our natural state in the company of other like minded people. It is about me being me without the trappings of textile life.That says it all for me too. I've learnt the difference between nudity and sex. I enjoy non-sexual nudity like the next man (or woman), especially in nude company, and without getting aroused. In different circumstances I might be different. Yes sex does involve nudity and then I might well be stimulated.

This post was edited

I definitely love to be naked at home when I can!A couple problems with that though for me personally...one,my wife doesn't understand it, so when she's at home, I limit mynaked time. Two, if I go outside, maybe sit out on the deck,I tend to get (ahem) excited. Something about being nakedoutside, letting the breeze touch your whole body, is very much aturn on!Anyone else feel the same?
When any man gets an erection it's because that man is thinking
sexual thoughts or has sexual feelings. I have been bashed on these
forums before about my views on erections, but erections are
nothing but sexual. Sure, we get stimulated but that
stimulation is sexually motivated in our awake state.
When you are naked on your deck and you get aroused, you and you
alone are making it happen. It's not because of the naturalness of
the breeze on your body but your thoughts of making the moment
sexual. Sure the feeling is liberating, but should not be sexual. I
am sure you have been on a textile beach with skimpy swimmers on,
feeling that same breeze on your body and you do not get aroused.
As AndyDi has said, you are making being naked sexual. I
personally do not have an issue being aroused or seeing a male
aroused when enjoying the nudist lifestyle, it's all part and
parcel of being a male. However, when it happens to me I not only
accept it, but more importantly ask why I allowed my mind to
wander into sexual thoughts
and then refocus the thoughts to
the moment which is 99.9% not sexual.

I do applaud you though for respecting the fact your wife does not
understand it and you are keeping it to yourself. Nobody should
force anyone to endue someone else's lifestyle choices. it has to
be amicable for all parties involved.

So next time you get aroused, ask yourself: where are my thoughts?
Why am I making this sexual?

A lot of medical, psychiatric, and therapy experts would totally disagree with the opinions expressed above! Erections can be caused by 'external' physical forces as well as by sexual thoughts.

This post was edited