Fake Profiles

Is there any way to match the IP to the country listed on the profile and automatic flag the profile if they don't match. There has been a sharp increase in fake profiles lately

This topic was edited
RE: Fake Profiles

I don't know how easy it is to assess the origin of an IP address
but I do know from experience that admin have easy access to every
members IPs

So it is very easy to find those who have multiples.

This post was edited

Good points Kaz, but I doubt 18YObiLesbiannudistgirl would have the brains to fake an IP address.

This post was edited

Good points Kaz, but I doubt 18YObiLesbiannudistgirl would have the brains to fake an IP address.I have to disagree with you SteveLorna. A person with that handle is more than likely a middle aged geek out to collect pics of women and would more than likely have a good knowledge of how to fake an IP addy.

This post was edited

Yes but the point is, he'd only attract other middle age geeks trading pics of women they are pretending to be.
And that has got to be the saddest image ever.

This post was edited

Yes but the point is, he'd only attract other middle age geeks trading pics of women they are pretending to be.And that has got to be the saddest image ever.Now that REALLY made me LAUGH OUT LOUD

This post was edited

Yes but the point is, he'd only attract other middle age geeks trading pics of women they are pretending to be.And that has got to be the saddest image ever.

This is very amusing to me since I have pc tech background. I can totally picture a bunch of geeks from that dark side of our society collecting pics of women to look at and then posting to fake profiles here and on dating sites as their lesbian/bi pics. You know like one of those split screen videos with 3-6 people shown at the same time... all of them trading the images to each other. Side note: If nudism was more accepted in the US and worldwide would that dark side of society go away or at least decrease significantly?

This post was edited

Won't work, As someone who travels frequently, my Logon IP often will not match my declared home location. My profile would constantly be being flagged.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Sometimes I get the question come to confirm where I live and every time I deny them the right to do it. Also at one time I was been shown to be living about 100 miles away from where I am.

This post was edited

Before the company I worked for put me out to pasture (retired), I noticed that the IP address made systems think I was in India, when in fact I was in New Jersey, USA. I was first routed around the company's network and then sent into the Internet from their office in India. By the way, I worked for an "American Company" that had more than half their employees in India.

Bob

This post was edited
RE:Fake Profiles

Is there any way to match the IP to the country listed on the profile and automatic flag the profile if they don't match. There has been a sharp increase in fake profiles lately

WGAS?

This post was edited