have a Laundry Chute, so it sometimes serves as a catch-all for
things headed that direction. I'll bet there're other practical
used too, ones I haven't even thought of! Especially for Nudists, a
Bidet is a useful addition to any bathroom, yet I wonder why they
haven't caught on more here in the US. Anyone have an answer, or
else do you have one in your Bathroom?

This topic was edited
RE: Bidet Anyone?

You know I have always thought the same thing. Why don't American's have Bidets? I was told Bidets are more popular in Europe because they tend to spot wash more often and a full shower only every few days. I can't really believe that to be the case though. I tend to shower 2 or more likely 3 times a day and always right after taking care of my business. If I had a bidet I might not have to shower that much. They do take up more room and require more plumbing though.

This post was edited
RE:Bidet Anyone?

After working in Europe for a number of years I am surprised that bidets are not more popular in other parts of the world. Just a whole lot cleaner and hygienic.

This post was edited

This is the best $25 you will ever spend. I have two of these in the house.
BIO BIDET Simplet Bidet Attachment

This post was edited

I think bidets may be a thing of the past here in Europe. I remember using one on the second floor of a very tall hotel. The water pressure was so high that I inadvertently gave myself an enema and had to return to the toilet to let it out.

This post was edited

You are absolutely right. We now have three installed. One with hot and cold with additional female nozzle. And you save on paper too :-)

This post was edited

Bidets, either installed or manual like a plastic bottle with nozzle, are a must for those of us suffering from hemorrhoids.

This post was edited

Interesting. I guess as a typical American, I never considered getting anything like this. Prior to reading the posts and checking out information on-line, I would've considered the bidet "female territory." Thanks for the enlightenment! I'll consider an add-on option to see how it "flows!" Thanks!

This post was edited

We lived in Portugal for 12 years and every house has to have a bidet as part of the building regulations. As we are from the UK we had never used one before but since living there and using it every day we would not be without one. It is so much more hygienic. No it is not a woman's thing everyone should use them. If you do not have one the cheap way is to have a short length of hosepipe with a nozzle on the end attached to the water inlet to the toilet.

This post was edited

Essential for us to wash everything not just the hands after a visit to the loo

This post was edited

I have tried it since my last post, and I couldn't agree more. Well said companionship!

This post was edited