Naked

does the word 'naked' jump out at you when you are browsing book titles like it does for me? I haunt used book stores and the first place I look is the adventure travel section. Once in a while I find a book with Naked or Nude in it's title and more often than not buy it.

I decided to collect those books and put the group on display in my home. There are about a dozen, have them in a stack, just have not figured out where to put them that the grouping will catch people's eye.

I am currently reading Dancing Naked in the Mind Field by Kary Mullis, a Nobel Prize winning chemist with a very different point of view on life and science and has a wicked fun side.

This topic was edited
RE:Naked

You should read "Naked" by David Sedaris, and, "Naked Lunch" by William S. Burroughs.

This post was edited
just found another book

Naked in Eden My adventure and awakening in the Australian rainforest by Robin Easton

there is a stylized nude female figure on the cover with her feet in a stream. It is near the top of my to be read stack.

This post was edited
RE:just found another book

I've got a large section of my library devoted to titles that include the word, "Naked": Going Naked Is the Best Disguise; Praying Naked; The Naked Christian; Naked Spirituality; Naked: A Cultural History; Naked at Lunch ... (there are many more),

Jeez, you'd think I was a nudist or something.

Oh, but I'm naked as I type this, so maybe I am.

This post was edited

This post made me wonder how my collection does.

I have three books with the word "naked" in the title. Only one of them, "Naked," by David Sedaris, has anything to do with nudity (in one of his essays). The Isaac Asimov novel, "The Naked Sun" has nothing to do with nudity.

I have nine books with the word "Nude" in the title, all of which use it in the literal sense. This list includes "John Singer Sargent: The Male Nudes" and "3-D Physiques: The Stereo Nudes of Denny Denfield." The 3D book combines two of my interests: male nudes and 3D photography.

This post was edited

I'm just a group member, but I have no problem with promoting your own books. Just don't be obnoxious about it (like posting every day about them and so forth).

This post was edited