RE:Cox Video Monitoring

If the Chinese want to watch me do nude yoga, theyre welcomed to do so. Theyll laugh more at my form than my nudity.That was pretty much the point of my last paragraph, but potentially there is a more serious security issue here. If there are back doors in these web cams, then potentially they can be opened by other people too.

Your mentioning of the invasive surveillance methods used by companies selling us things like 'home security' are all very worthy of a mention here. I'm not paranoid. many people have been duped into sharing virtually everything about their lives online, Faceache, Google, Amazon have successfully sold many people services and products that are basically watching us 24/7, they often get people to use them by offering 'free' services, except that nothing is free, you're the product. The recent revelations about Faceache being used to collect information on =50 million people underlines this, its happened many, many other times too. While security cameras may well be useful to home and business owners, do not trust the installer/supplier to always be honest. They are so easy to hack into, the same goes for home wi-fi (which these security set ups often utilise), unless you know what you're doing. Who really needs Alexa/Dot/Echo to know everything about your life (do you really believe that 'off' actually means '100% off'), the same goes for smartphones. People are buying their own surveillance devices and the data gathered often goes to both known and unknown databases.

Technology is a wonderful thing. I first programmed computers for a living in the 70's and have remained involved in similar fields since, I don't know a lot about many areas of technology but I know enough to use a lot of caution.

As far as the original question goes, yes you quite probably are/have been watched by someone you didn't know was watching you, live or recorded. I'm open about being a nudist, I don't care who knows that I live naked, but there are many other things in my life that are nobody's business but mine and anyone else involved in them.

This post was edited

There is a reason why many I.T. people have tape over their laptop video camera

This post was edited

My wife and I stayed at a home several years ago with a video monitoring system. I saw it when we checked in. We stayed naked the entire time. I hope they enjoyed what they saw.

Dave

This post was edited

There is a reason why many I.T. people have tape over their laptop video camera

First thing I did when I got the current laptop.

This post was edited

Sort of reminds me of my Kuwait Airbnb stay. I knew it was just two other guys in the apartment that I was staying in and so when i got up to pee a couple of times in the middle of the night I did not bother putting anything on to go through the common area to get to the bathroom. The 2nd day I noticed a sign in the common area that the owner had posted " notice you are on camera" There was always a enough light in the common area to reveal my bare-ness had they viewed the tapes.

This post was edited

Cox may be watching them while nude at home.I guess I'm baffled. How can Cox watch you at home...or anywhere? Wouldn't they need a camera somewhere in your home? They can't see back through the TV.Yes, there is a separate cam you can activate for watching your home while away.

Ohhhhhh, O.K., I understand. Then all you would have to do for privacy when you are home is to unplug the camera.

This post was edited

Cox may be watching them while nude at home.I guess I'm baffled. How can Cox watch you at home...or anywhere? Wouldn't they need a camera somewhere in your home? They can't see back through the TV.

Actually, people can see you through your TV, if it is a smart TV. Smart TV's are nothing more than a computer on the wall with a camera.

Here's a link about smart TV security. It is an old article, but still relevant, maybe even more so with the advancements in tech.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/story/23900255/is-your-smart-tv-watching-you

Personally, everything in my home, is hard wired. Nothing goes through WiFi. Even my security cameras are hard wired, which was difficult to install, since the wires are all inside the walls, but it beats someone hacking in and broadcasting my life around the world. Yes, I'm a nudist and I am comfortable with being nude and comfortable with people seeing me nude. But that is different from my life being transmitted and seen all over the world like an episode of "The Truman Show."

This post was edited