Which hurts most?

Does getting a tattoo hurt more than a piercing? It was a long time since my first tattoo and I had forgotten how painful they are. I've had several piercings since and know they are painful. How painful depends on where they are. I also found that professional piercers hurt me more than when I do it myself (as with my nipples for example). but the pain is over quickly. Last week I got a second, small tattoo and was reminded of the pain. It took 40 minutes of agony, just as painful as a piercing but longer lasting. So I take my hat (and everything else) off to those of you who have bigger tattoos.

This topic was edited
RE:Which hurts most?

Hi Olly
I have about 15 tattoos, some hurt more than others, depends where you get them and how much time they take.
Don't have any piercings and don't intent getting any. Not brave enough to endure that pain.
You're a braver man than me !!

This post was edited

Neither. Tat removal. Times over getting one in my experience. I attempted 3 times to remove a degrading portrait of my wife that is over my heart.

This post was edited

Put it like this:

A small-sized tattoo is at least an hour of etching into a body part, basically prolonged pain. A piercing doesn't even last 2 seconds. Factor in the possible pleasure to be had for a healed intimate piercing and they rock more than a tattoo ever could.

This post was edited

This is all true. But, once healed, a tattoo lasts for ever without any attention and with no problems. I have had a few piercings which have migrated out or needed removing for some reason, all painful. At one time I had 9 piercings. Now I only have 6.

This post was edited

For me, the tattoos hurt more. A piercing only takes a second and all 8 of my piercings are self pierced. My last tattoo took 4 hours.

This post was edited