I'm concerned about going public

Short post, but i'm just concerned about being nude in public, say like a hike or something like that. Is it wierd? Is it fun? What if I'm with a group of people and they think my (ahem) size is funny? Has anyone ever felt like this? if so, how did you get over it?

This topic was edited
RE:I'm concerned about going public

Im not bullying when i say this. Check the many posts and do a search and youll see this question is answered many times. I see you just joined. Please feel free to surf the posts and pics. You might surprise yourself finding the answer

This post was edited

Im not bullying when i say this. Check the many posts and do a search and youll see this question is answered many times. I see you just joined. Please feel free to surf the posts and pics. You might surprise yourself finding the answer

Well, put but sad that you have to say you're not bullying.

Regardless, there are tons of posts in the forum and you will see that you are not any different than the next nudist! You may have to weed through the posts that seemingly belong on another page, and don't let those posts scare you. Remember, a True Nudist will practice non-sexual body acceptance. All shapes and sizes are welcome. True Nudist are not here to compare the size of their block and tackle! We are here to celebrate freedom to be natural in nature!

Enjoy, and soon you will start feeling comfy!

This post was edited

If it's something you want to try. Give it a try. In all the years I have gone to nude beaches and a few "resorts" I have never felt that anyone was judging my appearance. Despite that I went through a phase where I felt I was too heavy and didn't participate as much. Guess what, I'm heavier now and go more than ever. Don't waste any time. Get involved and enjoy yourself. If you don't like a certain place for whatever reason, try another one.

This post was edited

I felt exactly the same most of us grow up being told to keep our bodies covered. It took me ages to pluck up the courage to go to a nude beach and then once there even longer to strip naked. Then when I did I layed on my front as feared being judged.
I soon realised though that nobody cared we were all naked and shared that common enjoyment of being free before long I was walking about and nobody took any notice of me. Be free and enjoy

This post was edited

Short post, but i'm just concerned about being nude in public, say like a hike or something like that. Is it wierd? Is it fun? What if I'm with a group of people and they think my (ahem) size is funny? Has anyone ever felt like this? if so, how did you get over it?

"Nude in public" can mean many things. Going on a hike in a remote area with a couple people you know is way different from going to a nude beach by yourself and way different from a club where you have to sign in using your name. It will likely feel weird the first time, just because it is such a novel feeling. On a hike it's you and nature, on an official nude beach it's you and naked people who don't know who you are. At a club it's you and naked people you will need to interact with. Is it fun? Exhilarating, yes, fun if you decide to make it so.

As others have posted, nobody will judge you about your genitals. I say give it a try.

This post was edited

It is extremely bad manners to comment on the size of a person's genitals or on an other body part unless invited to.
If that doesn't reassure you nothing will.

This post was edited

I see you live in Utah which does not seem to have much in the way of resorts or other clothing optional recreation areas. I suggest the next time you make a trip you try to find some time to make a day visit to a clothing optional resort. If your like most folks, after about 15 or 20 minutes you'll feel completely natural and comfortable. Your going to see people of all different body types and whatever you felt self conscious about will most likely turn out to be unimportant. Remember, the most beautiful and glamorous celebrities are often insecure and unhappy. The worst that can happen is you don't like social nudity and you can leave. Many resorts have free passes for first time visitors so you won't even be out the 20 bucks or so for the day visit. What have you got to lose?

The Locations page on this website is a good place to search for CO resorts/recreation areas. Here's a link to another website that is helpful although some of their information is not up to date. Good luck. Hope to see a report of your first social nudity experience in the near future.

nakedplaces.net

This post was edited

well said StormLovers True nudists do not judge body appearance every one is different .Be yourself be happy in your skin after all its yours and enjoy your outlook on life take care

This post was edited

I totally agree with whats been said. Real naturist wont care how overweight you are.

This post was edited

Regular overweight is totally un-noticeable when naked but is fairly conspicuous when clothed unless you have an extremely good tailor.
However, while I dislike looking at grossly overweight people, I find that they look much better naked than they do clothed.

This post was edited