RE:Open Letter and gripe to those who mark their files "private" or all of their photos "friends only".

For the time being, I'm a "paid" member because I posted an adverstisement on Tumblr inviting folks to check out TN. So I suspect I can see your pictures. I have no idea how long this temporary full membership will last.

But yes, when not so favored with full member, I can only see a limited number of pictures. They also wiped out my status and now consider me "textile" even though I have posted hundreds (maybe 1K+ posts and otherwise contributed the best I can. Not so much lately.

This post was edited
RE:Open Letter and gripe to those who mark their files "private" or all of their photos "friends only".

I would like to be able to set our profiles or photos to automaticly block private profiles.

This post was edited

For the time being, I'm a "paid" member because I posted an adverstisement on Tumblr inviting folks to check out TN. So I suspect I can see your pictures. I have no idea how long this temporary full membership will last.But yes, when not so favored with full member, I can only see a limited number of pictures. They also wiped out my status and now consider me "textile" even though I have posted hundreds (maybe 1K+ posts and otherwise contributed the best I can. Not so much lately.

I've never put any weight behind those status banners. There are a few here that have amassed over 10,000 posts, most of them playing some silly games, and have contributed nothing but negativity to naturism. These so called Super Nudists are nothing of the sort and like to puff up their chests. Their status of Super Nudist is a joke.

The content of a real nudist posting now and then of their experiences, their travels and their real nudist opinions matter so much more!

This post was edited

I've never put any weight behind those status banners. There are a few here that have amassed over 10,000 posts, most of them playing some silly games, and have contributed nothing but negativity to naturism. These so called Super Nudists are nothing of the sort and like to puff up their chests. Their status of Super Nudist is a joke.The content of a real nudist posting now and then of their experiences, their travels and their real nudist opinions matter so much more!

Man, I wish TN had a "like" button!

This post was edited

I would like to be able to set our profiles or photos to automaticly block private profiles.

Mcdcvs - you do know you can set each of your pics to different access, four different - public, friends, certified and certified friends.

Yes, private and friends only pic media is very annoying but it's not for us to be telling others how they can be members of this site as we each can set our access to our profile and media to what fits our needs. If you don't want others to see your pics, you have choice of three different levels besides public. I don't mind private profiles viewing my profile or even my media (pics) as those individuals wont see much and they will read in my profile how I will accept friend request. They wont see anything that I'd be ashamed of others seen. Yes it would be nice to have a setting that 'private and/or 'friends only' media profiles be blocked from getting my profile but till then I'll work with the individual media settings I am given.

This post was edited

That would be a good addition if a person doesnt want anything about them viewed then thy shouldnt be able to view anything. Kinda defeats the purpose of social media site.

This post was edited

Excellent discussion going on here.
I totally agree with this site needing a "features face lift", especially McD's input:
I would like to be able to set our profiles or photos to automatically block private profiles.
I hope the owners will spring for the upgrades some day but in the mean time I just make due.
I rarely scroll through all my friends media or anyone else's for that matter unless their pictures are of how they enjoy their nude time or to learn about their life and lifestyle.
As Andy has said, I don't need to see pictures of their anatomy, seen plenty, know what it looks like.
I don't care if trolls happen to see my pics, nothing much to see from a nudity standpoint. I just don't post those images.
For me, my media is about my lifestyle more than my being naked in it. It expresses more about who I am than what my penis looks like!
It's more about the dialog for me and getting to know people.
It's tough to be "Social" when you're "Private"!
Lee

This post was edited

I don't care if people see my naked body or a photo there of. I mark some photos friends only just to reduce the likelihood of a troll downloading the image for it's own use. I know I can't totally prevent it but it's a balance between having the photo out there and having some control over it's circulation.
I never friend someone with a private profile and hidden pictures. There are lots of cool folks out there that I can interact with even with those restrictions. Merry Christmas to all.

This post was edited

Mcdcvs - you do know you can set each of your pics to different access, four different - public, friends, certified and certified friends.

Yes, and I do use that feature but it doesnt work that well as 1 of the pictures I have set to friends only is being viewed as if it is set to public.

I also dont mind people seeing my profile or my media. I respect that a member can have any kind of profile they want and the need to keep some information private, however I should be able to globally block profiles set to levels I choose. It feel like i am on display and people are outside the fence peering at me through the holes. I can hear them and know that they are looking but cant see who they are and why they are looking. What I am advocating is to fill the holes. We can talk through the fence but we just cant see each other.

This post was edited

I should be able to globally block profiles set to levels I choose. It feel like i am on display and people are outside the fence peering at me through the holes. I can hear them and know that they are looking but cant see who they are and why they are looking. What I am advocating is to fill the holes. We can talk through the fence but we just cant see each other.

I totally agree! Very well said!

This post was edited