Is being nude is not as sanitary?

One common argument against nudism I always hear is that being nude is not as sanitary. Is there any evidence to support or refute this?

This topic was edited
RE:Is being nude is not as sanitary?

I find the opposite is true, personally. I don't know if it's a fact, but I read that thrush only began to affect women when they started wearing knickers!

This post was edited

I believe it is more sanitary. All of the nudists I have known, in the USA and Europe & Scandinavia..are all more aware of body odors and cleanliness. We keep our bottoms clean, we will use towels to sit on when in public areas. We bathe frequently. I have met some very fine educated people that prefers clothes, and some of them don't even wipe themselves good.

This post was edited

I believe it is more sanitary. All of the nudists I have known, in the USA and Europe & Scandinavia..are all more aware of body odors and cleanliness. We keep our bottoms clean, we will use towels to sit on when in public areas. We bathe frequently. I have met some very fine educated people that prefers clothes, and some of them don't even wipe themselves good.

This post was edited

With a simple swab test, it's easy to prove that textiles hold bacteria and sun and wind kill it. Therefore, being naked outside is more sanitary than being clothed.
We have this notion that outside is dirty and inside is clean, when in truth it's really the other way around.
A better question; do clothes protect us from harmful bacteria or do they swaddle us with them?

This post was edited

The best environment for bacteria is warm and moist like you'd find between our skin and our clothes. Clothes keep us warm by trapping our body heat and moisture. The reason sweaty clothes smell is because of bacteria. Sunshine and fresh air are natural disinfectants so I would think we'd be much cleaner nude as long as the weather is warm enough to be nude.

This post was edited

Here in the U.S. people are accustomed to a quick dry wipe with paper and they are on their way again. That makes no senses to me whether they are are textiled or nudist. I have a bidet spray wand connected to my toilet that allows me to clean with soap and water before I stand up. I am also not wasting miles of paper in the endeavor.

Other respondents are correct that fresh air flow is always going to help keep an area sanitary better than binding your skin up tight with cloth.

Jack

This post was edited

One common argument against nudism I always hear is that being nude is not as sanitary. Is there any evidence to support or refute this?

Anything with a social stigma always gets tagged as either unhealthy or unsanitary. It's nonsense. We live in very clean homes with excellent sanitation, our bodies are designed to keep themselves clean of illnesses and pathogens and there is very little one can reasonably get nude that isn't just as likely clothed. Surfaces where people sit are a slight difference but we use personal towels for that reason. I've never heard of anyone falling ill because of nudism. Our culture overwhelmingly over proscribes cleaning products for bodies as it is. There is little to no danger but lots of rewards in terms of mental and spiritual health.

This post was edited