RE:Record Cold

You would think 20 is very cold. but here we do it in deg C. So 20 C is about 68 F. And that's what I keep my house at so I can be naked. Outside it was -2 C yesterday morning (that's 2 below freezing, or 3 to 4 below for you in the USA)

Clarifying that this is about 3 F below freezing or about +29F

This post was edited

You would think 20 is very cold. but here we do it in deg C. So 20 C is about 68 F. And that's what I keep my house at so I can be naked. Outside it was -2 C yesterday morning (that's 2 below freezing, or 3 to 4 below for you in the USA)

Wish the United States would get smart enough to go metric. I'd rather weigh 100kg than 220 lbs.

This post was edited

Wish the United States would get smart enough to go metric. I'd rather weigh 100kg than 220 lbs.

I did not grow up with metric and my brain refuses to function with it. If something comes my way in metric I always have to translate it to something that works for me. Now if you grow up with metric it will be the other way around.

I stayed dressed for a few days, while I prefer to sleep naked it was a bit cool to do so, but it's warmed up again.

This post was edited

You would think 20 is very cold. but here we do it in deg C. So 20 C is about 68 F. And that's what I keep my house at so I can be naked. Outside it was -2 C yesterday morning (that's 2 below freezing, or 3 to 4 below for you in the USA)Wish the United States would get smart enough to go metric. I'd rather weigh 100kg than 220 lbs.

The temperature in Fahrenheit sounds warmer than it does in Celsius though, so I would prefer to stick to that. Like Reuben, I too have to translate distance & weight measurements to something more understandable for me. Have you considered moving to a part of the world that uses metric system??

This post was edited

I grew up with Fahrenheit, and still use it now most of the time.

This post was edited

Use the metric system enough and you won't have to translate and when it is -40F it is also -40C. Since most of industry in the U.S. has been using the metric system for the last 40 years and more it makes sense to change everything so there is only one system to know. I can just as easily frame a wall with a 5x10 or 50 x100 as I can a 2x4 and I would be less likely to make measuring errors. As for moving, the answer is no, but Canada would be my first choice.

This post was edited

It was -35 at one point this week out there but we have one of those good ole' 100 year old homes built to take on anything, so it's nice and toasty in here and the heat isn't even cranked either :)

This post was edited

We just got done with our cold blast...resulting in -37F with a wind chill of -60F or more!

I can tolerate going outside for a few minutes when the temps are in the 20s (but I also have some additional "insulation" on my body) and for up to 30 minutes or more when the temps are in the 40s. All of this is typically when their isn't much wind to bring the temps much lower. No matter what, though, I will sleep in the nude and spend my morning time in the nude as I am now while typing this.

This post was edited