Record Cold

Are those of you in the upper midwest who are usually nude at home managing to keep the heat high enough to do so or giving in and wearing clothes in you house?

This topic was edited
RE:Record Cold

I dress to be comfortable. If its cold and I don't want to run up the energy bill, I put on clothing. If its hot, the clothing comes off. If i'm going to possibly offend someone, (making me uncomfortable), I wear clothes.

I don't go out of my way to be naked. However, I get so much time without clothing, It doesn't bug me too much to put something on. Working from home is a blessing for nudists!

This post was edited

I undress to be comfortable!
It's cold outside but we leave our thermostat right where it always is.
One of our few luxuries in life, stay warm, eat healthy.....well, almost healthy, red meat tonight, New York Strip, healthy tomorrow. :-)

This post was edited

I undress to be comfortable!It's cold outside but we leave our thermostat right where it always is.One of our few luxuries in life, stay warm, eat healthy.....well, almost healthy, red meat tonight, New York Strip, healthy tomorrow. :-)

:DDDDDDD

I love a good steak! Diet starts tomorrow! ;D

Seriously, we've actually cut back on our red meat consumption as we've gotten older but do treat ourselves to a really good cut when we decide we've deprived ourselves of that luxury long enough.

"Nude when possible, clothed when practical" has always been our mantra. The house is cool, currently, 63 degrees. The heater just kicked on and will heat to 65 degrees, just enough to take the chill off the inside of the house. I'm in my medium weight robe and have my slippers on. I'm in the office with the blinds open and it's in the mid 40's outside; blistering hot in comparison to some of your temps!!!

I can be nude in the house when it's 65-66 degrees but actually prefer the inside of the house to be around 68 to be really comfy and naked. Then central heating gives Di headaches if it gets that warm in the house. It dries out the air and the headaches make her a bit... irritable! :DDD So, we compromise and keep the house in the mid 60's. I don't mind wearing my lightweight robe or this robe, socks or slippers. We are naked so often throughout the years that during these really cold mornings, days, weeks, it's not that big a deal to put a little something on and stay comfortable. The upside for us is that our temps eventually warm up enough that being naked outside is very comfortable where for many of you, that's simply not possible currently.

Stay warm!!

This post was edited

40 in the shade, 60 in the sun, 80 in the house.
Some may think that's just "wrong"!
I guess we just like being happy, naked and warm. Even Stevie Ray likes it that way!
The cat always gets a vote!

This post was edited

I'd like it around 74 in the house but that ain't happenin'! :DDD

Doesn't help getting older. I seem to be always cold. It could be, as my wife suggests, that I'm not generating any body heat sitting on my naked ass in front of the computer! :DDDDD

This post was edited

our house stays at 76 even in sub zero temps

That's a SAUNA, not a house.

This post was edited

WELL... she was right! The house is still at 65 degrees and I'm completely naked! I just mopped the floor. You may think it's not much but you'd have to see our tile floors. There's a lot of it! :DDDD

I generated the body heat I needed and the robe was too much! ;D

This post was edited

40 in the shade, 60 in the sun, 80 in the house.Some may think that's just "wrong"!I guess we just like being happy, naked and warm. Even Stevie Ray likes it that way!The cat always gets a vote!

It's 54 outside and we keep it at 68 inside. A little cold to be completely naked so donald ducking works or i just wear my terry cloth robe but that is sometimes too hot for me. Luckily the home office is the warmest room in the house so off with the robe when at the computer.

This post was edited

Minus 25F this morning but 68 in the house. It depends on activity level if that is comfortable. Just watching TV might require a blanket. Working at the house remodel, cleaning, or cooking and it can be too warm. Our in floor hot water heat is very slow to raise or lower the temp so the stat stays at 68 around the clock. If I'm feeling cold even with clothing or just coming in from working outside, a jump in the hot tub warms me enough that I can stay nude at room temperature for a long time.

This post was edited

You would think 20 is very cold. but here we do it in deg C. So 20 C is about 68 F. And that's what I keep my house at so I can be naked. Outside it was -2 C yesterday morning (that's 2 below freezing, or 3 to 4 below for you in the USA)

This post was edited