A Bit More About Nude Photos

The title of this Group: "Show and Tell", says so much about our responsibility as nudists insofar as presenting ourselves respectably to others. For an introduction to NUDISM 101, we need to deconstruct the myth about bodily shame. Shame is really a conditioned response to nakedness, it simply doesn't happen naturally. As an example, young children at the beach completely and openly enjoy the freedom of nakedness. Shame is imposed on us from a number of sources: societal, quasi-religious or wherever else it manifests itself.

The photos we ourselves post are and can be an excellent tool for presenting Nudism as a lifestyle. What can get the message across more readily than photos of ordinary folks--who could be neighbors or co-workers--living unencumbered by clothing?

In shooting nude pics, I think it's quite important to present every physical aspect of our bodies honestly and openly. For example, if one were to present our photos and the pubic areas are either airbrushed out or hidden by a coyly draped towel or a giant beachball, what does that say to a novice nudist? Basically, as I see it, it taps into that entire sense of bodily shame. Conversely, if a photo of a guy shows his penis, scrotum and pubic hair with as much clarity as his chest hair, mouth, and eyebrows, it sends a quite different message about nudity and bodily dignity. I've shared photos where the wrinkles on my scrotum and each individual bush hair shows in detail--it indicates that I'm hiding nothing, am proud of every aspect of my own nakedness!

At times it's wonderful if we can incorporate some sort of activity into our photo sessions. Again, coming from a standpoint of openness as a nudist, I think that a guy's perineal area is one of the most sensuously beautiful parts of a man's body. Trying to capture it in a "posed" position
gives a "spread Eagle" quality, but if it's part of a photo where the subject is jumping to spike a volleyball, the photo has a wholesomeness about it, yet shows that area beautifully as part of the overall nudist portrayal.

This topic was edited
RE:A Bit More About Nude Photos

Excellent insights on this topic, Lucas

This post was edited

molto chiara la tua posizione, qui in Italia siamo molto arretrati per condizionamenti storici secolare. Qualcosa si sta muovendo lentamente, le nostre foto dicono molto di noi, a presto

This post was edited

Very well put, as always, Lucas. I admire your transparent enjoyment of nudity - so natural and relaxed. Unfortunately I rarely find someone around to take spontaneous photos so they end up posed. (And I can't echo the detail of chest or pubic hair as they are shaved.). But we can all show our enjoyment of nudity in our own ways, uncensored, warts included.

This post was edited

Well put.

This post was edited

Hi olly, great photos, well if you fancy coming over again we can maybe swap cameras go walking get some spontaneous photos, we took far too few photos last time you visited but then I think we were enjoying chatting - I certainly enjoyed it all, maybe we should get someone else along to someone to do point to catch photos of the other two out walking together, like past that tractor guy in the field next to us or when that helicopter did the full circle around us

This post was edited

Well put everyone. As someone who takes a lot of photos of naked people, I couldn't agree more.

This post was edited

I agree about being honest but then again, naked photography can also be more than just showing what's between your legs.

This is accurate and correct IMHO all show and not tel is not naturism - photos need background and context to really promote naturism otherwise it is just about being naked.

This post was edited

How about a posed photo that did not work out? Like a timer photo for memory that had an ooopsie?
I went to take a pic of sitting with my dog and fell as I was trying to sit. Of course dog came to make sure I was ok.

This post was edited