RE:You Run Into People On The Trail

Out of 100+ naked hikes I have run into textiles 4 times. In all cases I got my shorts on in time. The one time I ran into people on my home turf, they probably would have been A or B as they had kids with them (but may be not). The other times have been on BLM or USFS land near the Orient Land Trust/Valley View Hot Springs in southern Colorado. In two cases, D, i.e., why did I bother with the shorts, but the other case it was two BLM guys that were not very friendly (A or B). On the Orient Land, I've run into a few textiles. However, that doesn't count as all the trails there are clothing optional, and everyone has been a D, may be one C. That is such a nice feeling - no one can object to your hiking naked. Or if they do, its their problem, not yours. I am still waiting for that day when I am out hiking in the wilderness and come across other naturist.

This post was edited

I have been hiking nude for more than 30 years but in that time only in two locations.
My first several years of nude hiking was to Deep Creek Hot Springs.
Since this is a well-known clothing optional area all my encounters with other hikers, even though almost all of them were clothed, were positive.

Over the last 10 years or so, most of my nude hikes have been above Lake Castaic, which is about a 40 minute drive from home.
This is not a clothing optional area so a nude hiker is not something other hikers would be expecting to see.
Until about five years ago I was always very cautious and for the most part was able to avoid being seen nude.
One day I was on my way back up the trail to the car when two dogs came running up to me followed shortly by the man who was walking them.
Due to the dogs behavior I felt it best not to make any sudden moves to cover up.
I said to the guy I hope my nudity did not bother him and he responded it was no big deal.
That incident and this web site gave me the confidence to stay nude when encountering other hikers.

I cannot tell you how many people save seen me since then but it has been quite a few.
Most of the responses have been C with a couple of D
I have had a couple of B and one A.

This post was edited

So, if you are hiking in your favorite spot and you come around a corner right in front of a mixed sex, textile, group of hikers, no kids. There is no chance of covering the vital areas. In your area what do you think the majority would be thinking:A) Frickin pervert. We need to see if we have cell coverage so we can call the sheriff. They give you the evil eye and may be say something nasty.B) Damn crazies, I wish they would do that some place we didnt have to see them. They frown and keep going.C) To each their own, thats brave. They give you the thumbs up but mostly advert their eyes.D) That looks like fun. They stop and talk to you about your naked hiking experience.In my area I would like to think it would be D, but it is probably C. But it also depends on specific location and time of the year.

The advice in the UK is to not cover up even if you have the chance as you're admitting that what you do is wrong. It is better to just continue being yourself and be pleasant. A quick hello and carry on. This then gives the other party the choice of engaging or ignoring you.

Do not go on the defensive, and do not state that it is legal unless you have to. Bringing the law in to the conversation then prompts them to think about the law.

I've only managed one hike so far, and that was with a group. I do think that other people's responses are going to be better with a group as people are less likely to attack people in numbers.

Of the people we met, 4 couples walking and 2 pairs on cycles in addition to a lone lady dog walker as we were undressing and a lone make dog walker as we got back in to our cars - still naked. We did occasionally change our route to avoid groups of people where possible, especially when we were within a mile of local tourist landmarks.

All responses were C and D. One couple did just totally blank us. The lady dog walker did say hello but looked uncomfortable. The lone dog walker also blanked us. The male person in one of the couples on bikes was recognised as another naked walker so he was obviously okay with it. Hopefully that gave him the chance to broach the subject with his wife who doesn't know.

One of the couples on foot were very pleasant, but afterwards, from what they'd said we suspected that they were also nudists.

All in all a very pleasant day, but then it was in an area where naked walking seems to be an almost daily occurrance.

This post was edited

This thread has got me wondering. Do you think theres an over abundance of people hiking who are looking for secluded places for some outdoor nudism? In other words, a higher percentage of people practicing nudity than in the general population.

This post was edited

This thread has got me wondering. Do you think theres an over abundance of people hiking who are looking for secluded places for some outdoor nudism? In other words, a higher percentage of people practicing nudity than in the general population.

I feel very much in the minority. I would love to find at least one or two other people near me that liked to be naked in nature.

This post was edited

I've hiked naked many times. there've been a number of instances when I've pulled my shorts on as someone approached from the opposite direction. It's usually been guys hiking alone wearing only shorts--which I'm sure they must have pulled on quickly when they heard me coming towards them. Probably missed opportunities to connect with fellow nudists on the trail.

This post was edited

Yes. For nudity and more

This post was edited

Yes. For nudity and more

This post was edited