RE:When to tell a new person in your life you are a nudist.

I would go on a bunch of dates/hang out with her first before bringing it up.

First it allows you to assess whether you actually want to be with her and whether it's worth any potential trouble.

Second, and more importantly in my opinion, it allows her to get to know you and see that you're a normal balanced good person (I'm assuming you are) before adding an element that might cause a negative gut reaction on her part. Unfortunately a lot of people assume or have been lead to believe that nudism is a bad/unsavory thing for deviants (a whole post can be written on this). So it's best to let her see that you're a positive good functioning adult first.

Related to the last paragraph... unfortunately introducing someone to nudism can be an uphill battle if they have a negative view of it already. And because of that it's easy to "confess" or discuss it in a defensive tone. You are best to just mention it as a matter of fact, being super normal and positive. Don't be defensive. Don't "I have something to tell you..." Do "Went to the beach today... O yes, it's nude, I saw my friends there and the weather was beautiful." My lady friend noticed my all over tan and we had a great talk about the joys of being nude in nature.

I would just assume your friend is into it, she very well might be. I have a theory that everyone loves being nude, most just can't handle the social pressures of talking about it or admitting to it.

Also, if you delay she will probably notice your all over tan anyway... and people like mysteries/intrigue. But don't let it go too long where it becomes something you're hiding from her.

This post was edited

Talk about places and events, not identity. And do it as soon as you reasonably can. Mention beaches, stays at resorts, skinny dips, backyard sunning - whatever is part of your life or whatever you'll want to be part of your life. Same way you'd talk about going to concerts or staying in bed reading all day... just another thing you do. Don't ask someone to accept you as "a nudist" early on. For one thing, they won't really know what you mean, and you risk bearing a more-than-is-fun burden of explanation.

This post was edited

You are 57 she's 50ish Find out now if she is interested or opposed to nudism.
Quit wasting your and her time if she isn't.
If she isn't, you can still be friends while you look for one that will join you in nudism, IF that is what you want.

This post was edited

Excellent point

This post was edited

I have done a bit of dating in the last 5 years. On eHarmony (not recommended), I used their questions to ask the women if they are open. Then I said what would you think if I told you I was a nudist. I got many responses as one would expect, but the best ones were, "Me too!" On OKCupid, I did not mention it but could tell by some of the questions she answered if she were nudist-friendly. I did mention it within a few dates when we liked each other.

This post was edited

If you are a committed nudist soon maybe a good time. I thought my wife knew I was a nudist. When I met her was spring time and we were nude most of our first months together. This was due to lust and heat, no a/c, we grew closer and winter came as did clothing. I always thought my wife understood I was a nudist, now she claims not to have known. Feel her out as suggested but let her know clearly you enjoy nudism and it is not sexual. Not easy at the start of a friendship/relationship to do.

This post was edited

So... what I'm getting from some that have said, "tell her right away, don't wait..." is that this new relationship is built solely on nudism and nothing else? Seems quite narrow minded and for nudist to suggest that seems contradictory to what many will tell you about the misconceptions non nudists have about nudism.

If you tell someone you're thinking of dating that you're a nudist and that if they are not, date's over, hit the road? You can find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with and they can either accept your nudism, participate in it or not but at least you have a solid relationship otherwise. IF you're sole intent is to find a nudist to start a relationship with, stop looking online and get involved in non landed clubs, landed clubs and resorts and find someone there.

Can't understand why some of you are saying to tell this person right from the start and screw up any chances for a relationship to form first and then talk about it. If the relationship crumbles after it's divulged, then it wasn't a solid relationship anyway but there is a chance it could be a solid relationship and nudism can be explored or discussed a little later. I can't believe that "nudism" is the end all factor to a solid relationship for some of you, especially some of you that are lucky enough to have found a nudist to have a relationship with. In the end, it's the OP's decision and with what he's been given, he'll either take the "tell her now" road or the "wait a bit road," he should know by the first few dates... if it goes that far.

This post was edited

19 POSTS

5 Would not lie right from the start.

A LIE OF OMISSION:
Lying by omission is when a person leaves out important information or fails to correct a pre-existing misconception in order to hide the truth from others.

It is not a good idea to start a relationship with an outright lie or a lie of omission. A lie is a lie!!!

If you are a truthful person you do not lie.

This post was edited

19 POSTS5 Would not lie right from the start.A LIE OF OMISSION:Lying by omission is when a person leaves out important information or fails to correct a pre-existing misconception in order to hide the truth from others.It is not a good idea to start a relationship with an outright lie or a lie of omission. A lie is a lie!!!If you are a truthful person you do not lie.
Are you advocating telling her everything hes ever done or thought about?

This post was edited

So some are saying tell her now and see how she takes it and see if it is all over before it starts, others say after a few dates and there is a bond forming bring it up such as in the summer months after I take a shower I don't bother to dress to see how she takes this, and one who have said that if we love each other and a strong bond is forming consider reducing my nudity as been in love with someone is more important than been a single nudist.

Plenty of thinking to do.

This post was edited