How would your experience be affected if nudism was commonplace where you live. I.e. you can walk in the streets in the nude.

An aspect that I really like about nudism is the whole feeling free aspect which adds more relief to a beach trip.

If nudism was just as casual as wearing clothes I worry that it may diminish from the freeing experience of going to certain places to be nude and that it would simply be going to the beach but without that extra relief.

What are your thoughts on if it was that casual?

This topic was edited
RE:How would your experience be affected if nudism was commonplace where you live. I.e. you can walk in the streets in the nude.

Nudism is just as casual as wearing clothes, in fact it's even more casual without clothes! I personally don't think it would be more relaxing if I could be naked anywhere to my heart's desire since I was born naked and prefer to stay that way. Nor do I have any particular exhibitionist pleasure being nude when others are clothed. On the contrary I wish all could overcome their textile interferences. On the other hand, we just had a Halloween blanket of slushsnow, so my clothes are feeling quite comfortable lately, at least outside.

This post was edited
RE:How would your experience be affected if nudism was commonplace where you live. I.e. you can walk in the streets in the nude.

I would be comfortable walking around naked , knowing nobody cared how i was dressed . Just like wearing shorts and T-shirt during the summer , but without them . Be nice .

This post was edited

I agree with Andy and Steve. Plus...
Being naked is totally natural for me and other naturists and it's therefore a personal experience. The 'why on earth bother with clothes?' concept (indeed it's about 10C/50F outside right now, so it's perhaps a little academic!). My feeling is that it would make little difference if I were to live in a nude world: for me the physical and mental feeling of being myself and being free would be the same. It would just be extra pleasant that everyone else was experiencing it. There are then two further aspects:
(a) It wouldn't bother me all that much if I were the only naked person in a group as long as it was in principle permitted. If people found it strange, it would be their problem, just as long as they didn't make it mine (though this might happen). Anyone can see me naked, but I do my best to respect the feelings of those not so fortunate in this regard and take these into account. Would be nice if this were mutual, however.
(b) I've been in plenty of situations where nudity was the order of the day (working at a naturist campsite, for example) and it felt just as relaxed. I think that, its being such a personal thing, extra 'relief' when going somewhere naturist doesn't really enter into the equation. Just glad to be rid of my clothes. Period.
I hope this makes sense and is a bit relevant to the topic. If it is the personal experience I've just written about, there will be 2500 different answers to this question. But this is my take on the matter. for the moment.

This post was edited

No problem for me , natural and all equals.

This post was edited

It would be nice to spend less energy on creating private spaces for nakedness (eg my back yard), putting clothes on to get the mail or run an errand. I wouldn't need to go the extra distance to find nude-friendly places on travels. So I would have more time and attention for other things.

Maybe wouldn't be checking into TN very often. Might miss that.

This post was edited

I would be doing the same things that I am doing now except that I probably wouldn't feel the need to go to a naturist resort.

This post was edited

It would likely feel less special and freeing for a lot of people. Its called the novelty effect. Once a thing has become commonplace or routine that thing loses, or appears to lose, its specialness. Think of an activity like being nude outdoors, or driving a car, or even sex. The very thought of these things are great or exciting the first time, but the more you do them the more they lose their specialness. Thats when you change things up to refresh that special feeling. Likely why some people cheat on their significant others. Not saying there is no enjoyment in the activity, but that excitement and thrill is diminished.

This post was edited

It depends how common it was. In the summer about half the people wear only T shirts and shorts. If that proportion were naked it would be a truly Clothes-Optional society. I would be delighted to join those who were naked, being accepted by all - naked or clothed. And I'd be naked whenever I could in comfort.

But imagine a society in which everyone was naked, except from wearing an overcoat when it's cold or carrying an umbrella when it's wet. It would become run-of-the-mill, of no special interest. Maybe my nudist friends would fade into the population. And maybe there would be a minority who would insist on wearing clothes in special textile resorts, clubs and beaches. Also there would be no longer any situations where I was the only one naked.

You may have noticed my theme - comfort. Being naked is always more comfortable as long as it's not cold.

This post was edited

I would be comfortable walking around naked , knowing nobody cared how i was dressed . Just like wearing shorts and T-shirt during the summer , but without them . Be nice .

As a male there are a lot of places where you can just wear shorts and skip the shirt.

This post was edited

It would be nice to spend less energy on creating private spaces for nakedness (eg my back yard), putting clothes on to get the mail or run an errand. I wouldn't need to go the extra distance to find nude-friendly places on travels. So I would have more time and attention for other things.Maybe wouldn't be checking into TN very often. Might miss that.

I think you nailed it. It would still feel amazing to be nude, even more so to be able to be nude without fear of being busted. So many things I do today with clothes that Id rather be doing nude, to feel the sun and air alone without the sweaty, itchy, clingy clothes. The feeling of being nude would remain wonderful!

This post was edited