Seasonal Beers

I'm brewing a Smashing Pumpkin Ale right now, I know, I know...it was a request for Carol's Holiday office party. I'm enjoying the last of my Fresh Squished as I brew. What beers do you enjoy at the change of season? I seem to have trouble planning enough in advance to be ready for the weather.

This topic was edited
RE:Seasonal Beers

How did the pumpkin beer come out? My favorite of that genre are ones that taste like pumpkin pie. I also suffer from a lack of planning on brewing. It is getting colder here and I am wanting something with a higher ABV but didn't brew anything like that. Maybe next winter . . .

This post was edited

The Smashing Pumpkin made final gravity 1.015 in just five days! I plan on carbonating and kegging it tonight. Taste test was pretty good.

This post was edited

The Smashing Pumpkin made final gravity 1.015 in just five days! I plan on carbonating and kegging it tonight. Taste test was pretty good.

This post was edited

What was the OG? And what yeast did you use?

This post was edited

The OG was 1.051. I used Safale US-05 in a Fast Pitch yeast starter. Relatively slow start the first day and then BOOM!

This post was edited

The Smashing Pumpkin was a BIG hit at the wife's office party. I dispensed with a picnic tap, insulated the pre-cooled corny keg, and kept it in an iced cooler. It worked well.

This post was edited

Its all ways nice when people enjoy your beer.
How do you get the Pumpkin flavor?

This post was edited

It was a recipe on brewersfriend.com. Tablespoon of pumpkin spice mix. Single mash and single hop (cluster). Real easy brew. I fermented one week and then went to a keg under pressure. Carol said they keep talking about how much they enjoyed it.

This post was edited