RE:What types of whiskeys are people drinking here?

A nice single with some smoke. Like an Ardbegg. Though I do enjoy most whiskeys..... good whiskey that is Bruachladdich is likely my favorite

This post was edited

A nice single with some smoke. Like an Ardbegg. Though I do enjoy most whiskeys..... good whiskey that is Bruachladdich is likely my favorite

This post was edited

love a good single malt scotch, Canadian whiskey, and Irish whiskey all neat. Once and awhile I will put a drop of water in them to change the flavor a little...

This post was edited

More of a scotch guy for neat drinking as I like the denseness of the flavors. I typically steer clear of the cheaper Bourbons and flavored stuff like the ones finished in novelty barrels because they often end up too sweet for me.

I do like a nice whiskey cocktail and I like my gin, vodka, and other more niche spirits as well so maybe I am more of an equal opportunity drinker! Lol

This post was edited

I'm a Bourbon fan. Current favorite is Old Forester Statesman. 95 proof. Just right for sipping straight.

This post was edited

It has to be whisky (no e) - a single malt whisky from the highlands of Scotland. I prefer Spayside because ones from distilleries further west taste peaty. Cardue is a good one, or Dalwinney. I drink my whisky as it comes, direct from the bottle and undiluted. There is only one blended whisky I would drink. It is J&B, from a firm which supplies the UK queen and various kings before her.

This post was edited

I might be from Scotland but I'm afraid I've never taken to whiskey , the smell puts me off,

This post was edited

As a Scotsman living in the US I would have to say..... a peaty, smoky Islay single malt. But I will now contradict myself by saying I have had some delicious Japanese and Indian whisky recently too.

This post was edited

I'm currently naked and sipping on my favourite Jura Diurach's Own 16yo single malt scotch whisky. Bliss!

This post was edited

Kentucky Bourbon and rhy wisky.
Of course what civilized human being would turn down a Crown Royal. But none of that fruity stuff. If I'm drinking whiskey I drink whiskey I might put some rocks in it that's about it.
As far as Brands go... Templeton, Elijah Craig, woodford reserve, Bulliet.
That would be my top five

This post was edited