What if we were required to be naked at all times - by law?

Would forced nudity solve our body image problems?

more info here:
www.sbs.com.au/topics/voices/culture/article/2018/10/11/would-forced-nudity-solve-our-body-image-problems

This topic was edited
RE:What if we were required to be naked at all times - by law?

that would be fun for about three days.
Truth is, being required to be naked is as bad as being forbidden to be naked.
Let us each choose.

This post was edited

Actually there is (was?) a French TV show called Nu, set in the future when most clothing was banned for security and safety reasons. Underground clothed societies had developed.

This post was edited

There is a video out there of a town where everyone goes nude all the time. But one guy rebels and dares wear jeans and the town punishes him to saw the least. I would love to have been a nude extra on that set

This post was edited

What? That would bugger up fancy dress parties.Fancy dress? I normally just wear t-shirt and shorts (no shoes or socks). If I want to be a bit formal, I wear full-length jeans (Levi's 501s -- with the button fly -- that's not a good place for a zipper). Again, no shoes or socks. When I've attended formal dinners, I have worn a new t-shirt and jeans (no shoes or socks). But I try to keep clothing time to the absolute minimum.Once, at a formal dinner, someone thought I was destitute and that I was barefoot because I couldn't afford shoes -- they offered to buy me a pair of shoes. Funny thing was, that dinner was for donors to a university. I guess it hadn't occurred to them that if I could afford to donate enough to the university to be invited to the donors banquet that it would follow that I wasn't destitute. It took some convincing that I wasn't destitute, that I was barefoot by choice, and that I didn't want shoes. Talk about projecting.

At least you were able to get in. As I noted once before, my aversions are to shirts and long slacks, not shoes.
I'm sure if I tried to attend a semi-formal dinner wearing dress shorts, loafers and no shirt, I wouldn't get past the door!

This post was edited

On one hand it would work, but it's the wrong way to go about it. Since force is an inappropriate method of attempting to gain good results.

Whether by choice or by force, having to live socially naked takes the lust component out of it. Because lust only works on something that is not part of every day life.

For the final purification of the people who serve God, they need to get over this naked/prude/lust/sex mixup. Those who don't get over it ahead of time will have to get dumped into a naked by force arrangement in concentration/death camps. It may seem strange for our time, but it's happened before and will happen again. This time to the special people who insist on observing God's law just as He wrote it. They will eventually get criminalized and condemned, many rounded up thrown in prison camps and mass martyred. It's all being revealed ahead of time so there will be no surprises. At least to those who are willing to read and believe what's being revealed. Terrible disasters on the way, but when it's all over the most marvelous ending.

This post was edited

Maybe the solution would be to allow people to be naked at all times but not require it.
Question then is would many do so.
I think of the situation in New York where it is legal for women to be topless at beaches, parks and most other public places, but very few do so.

This post was edited

Maybe the solution would be to allow people to be naked at all times but not require it.Question then is would many do so.I think of the situation in New York where it is legal for women to be topless at beaches, parks and most other public places, but very few do so.

I agree!
If nudity was legal, then I would go nude no matter how many were clothed.

This post was edited

Maybe the solution would be to allow people to be naked at all times but not require it.Question then is would many do so.I think of the situation in New York where it is legal for women to be topless at beaches, parks and most other public places, but very few do so.I agree!If nudity was legal, then I would go nude no matter how many were clothed.

I know some people would, but I doubt if it would be many.

This post was edited

No, the better option would be to make nudity totally legal. All non-government entities would be allowed to set their own rules. Some businesses may required nudity, others might be clothing-optional, and some may require clothing. Same goes for private property owners. If someone doesn't want clothed people on their property, they should have them removed for trespassing..

Nudity IS totally legal here in the UK. But it isn't socially accepted. Non-government agencies DO stipulate whether a person is clothed or naked on their property (usually requiring clothes, but many European spas and nudist resorts REQUIRE nudity.) And if someone turns up clothed in a nude-only place they are offered the opportunity to get naked before being ejected. Incidentally even the places which require nudity allow for clothes when it is cold.

This post was edited

...allow people to be naked at all times but not require it
Yeah, some resorts and beaches are of this.
I believe it's called CLOTHING OPTIONAL.

This post was edited