RE:Hiking in the nude.

I do much the same thing north of Cinci.

This post was edited

Absolutely the best way to hike -- wearing nothing but flip flops and a smile.

Agreed

This post was edited

Five-Fingers are the way to go unless you are on the beach or sand dunes.

In addition to 5 fingers I have a pair of xero shoes minimalist sandals. Its a version of huarache sandal/show that allows a bit of protection for the feet without totally separating from ground. I take a pair along i I am walking a new path and unsure about terrain otherwise it barefoot and barefoot all over.

This post was edited

In addition to 5 fingers I have a pair of xero shoes minimalist sandals.
I can also say that in addition to my Five Fingers I have a pair of Xero sandals. The problem I have with the sandals however is that I hike off trail a lot and too much stuff finds its way between my foot and the sandal. The comical thing about the Five Fingers is getting wildflowers stuck between the toes. Nothing like a naked guy hiking along with flowers between his toes. Flower power.

This post was edited

Ok, flowers between the toes made me giggle!! Got the visual and this old hippy loved it. I love my Xeros, but I lace them more like a Chaka , you can see in my profile picture. That and I dont drag my toes( most barefoot enthusiasts know about that :) keeps most forest litter out of my shoes. Another great thing, they weigh near nothing!

This post was edited

I can also say that in addition to my Five Fingers I have a pair of Xero sandals. The problem I have with the sandals however is that I hike off trail a lot and too much stuff finds its way between my foot and the sandal. Flower power.

Fair enough - that is understandable

This post was edited

Another great thing, they weigh near nothing!Which is way my Xero sandals always are in my backpack on overnight trips. I did a six mile hike today with just my Five Fingers and a small backpack. Between the mud, and stream and snow crossings, the Five Fingers were very much appreciated. Don't get me wrong, walking in mud and marshes barefoot is awesome. Nothing like mud squeezing between the toes.

This post was edited