RE:Naked bathroom???

Seriously folks what is the purpose of a naked bathroom group.If I was in charge here, Id get rid of about half of the groups. Theres a lot of redundancy out there, both because people havent looked up what was already there before they created a group and groups like you mention. Im tempted to make a group called nudists that like being naked group.

Though I am NOT a fan of groups that you have mentioned, there is a reason for much of the redundancy of groups here on TN. Several times, I've asked the owners to take over a group where the initial Moderator has left TN or has not logged in for several months. The response has always been... "just start a new group and we'll approve it!"

I've had to rename the new group slightly but there in itself is one of the reasons for redundancy with groups. Another is whoever is approving these groups isn't really looking to see if there is another group discussing the same topic/theme and a changed word here or there makes it a new group and if there isn't another group with the exact same name, the new group is approved.

If a group goes dormant or dies, someone will just start a new group with a very similar name and it'll get approved and there's another way that adds to redundancy. Once a group is formed under a name that is approved, the Mod can go into that group and can edit the name of the group. There is lots of way around this stuff when there's little to no Moderating.

There's a lot to be said for Moderators for the site, for the forums that can deal with some of these things you're speaking of but the owners do not want any help in those areas. Groups Mods can only approve or deny perspective members and photos to the group gallery. They can NOT Moderate posts from others. So if you have someone that isn't a part of your group and that person posts a response that is rude, uncivil, derogatory, inflammatory... you can't do anything about it but flag it and many times, that system doesn't even work or the owners chose to ignore it.

This post was edited

Would a group for 'People Born Naked' be a good idea?!!!!!!

This post was edited

Nudists that like being naked. Wow! Original and attention getting. I'd definetly join.

This post was edited

Just gloves.

This post was edited

Seriously folks what is the purpose of a naked bathroom group.If I was in charge here, Id get rid of about half of the groups. Theres a lot of redundancy out there, both because people havent looked up what was already there before they created a group and groups like you mention. Im tempted to make a group called nudists that like being naked group.

LOL really good point part of the redundancy is people like to create groups to divide according to their agendas not to actually unite or connect people. And some groups are abandoned and not maintained but it is hard to take over those abandoned groups

This post was edited

I have to agree with you. Lately Ive seen several groups announced that are down right silly. Naked bathroom is one of them.

Thanks for the comment was beginning to think I was the only one seeing the trend.

This post was edited

Does anybody on this forum clean their bathroom wearing clothes?It depends what cleanser Im using...

Recently switched to all organic cleaning products so the need to wear anything protective has all but disappeared.

This post was edited

I'm with OP on this, the Groups can kind of get out of hand and while I understand how there seems to be some redundancy in the Groups section, some of the groups are a little odd or get so overtly specific that you can't imagine people taking them seriously.

This flagged me to make sure that groups I've joined have some relevance, because I do think it sends a message about how serious of a nudist you are...

This post was edited

This flagged me to make sure that groups I've joined have some relevance, because I do think it sends a message about how serious of a nudist you are...

This is such an important point for me because when folks send friend request I take a look at the groups they join. Too many of those superfluous or sketchy groups and the request is denied

This post was edited