Nudity in America

After reading about nudity in America, it seems that there are some states where nudity or even topless females is not accepted.
I cant remember which states were anti nude, but I'm sure there are some. I always thought America was very free and easy about anything.
Can any of our American friends put me right on the facts, or have I read it wrong.
Thanks
Woodyxxx

This topic was edited
RE:Nudity in America

You can get a brief overview of the state laws on indecent exposure and public nudity here:
https://www.nudistlaw.com/state_laws.htm

This post was edited

You can get a brief overview of the state laws on indecent exposure and public nudity here:https://www.nudistlaw.com/state_laws.htm

Link is not valid. You may need an account to gain access.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

It may have changed in recent times, but as I recall Arkansas had (has) a rather draconian law on the books where even discussing naturism was illegal, punishable by up to a $2500 fine.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Every state should have an area were people can be legally nude among others.

This post was edited

Personally I think parks departments should be required to provide a portage of park space to nude and/or clothing optional use based on percentage of the population that indicate how many would use them from blind surveys. This would be similar to off road vehicle use etc. I dont believe those are as formal a process but they do pay attention to the demand vs environmental damage.

This post was edited

After reading about nudity in America, it seems that there are some states where nudity or even topless females is not accepted.I cant remember which states were anti nude, but I'm sure there are some. I always thought America was very free and easy about anything.Can any of our American friends put me right on the facts, or have I read it wrong.ThanksWoodyxxx

Having lived overseas for a long time, I know that there's a pretty big misconception about the USA when viewed from outside the country, vs. reality here in America.

The fact is that (in general) the USA is VERY much more socially conservative than the rest of the first-world.

Folks overseas see select videos, movies, books, news stories, and other media that describe a few outliers - but those are not the norm for Americans.

Disappointing, but true.

Having made that sweeping generalization, details change from state to state. But no US state is as socially free as the average European country.

This post was edited

It may have changed in recent times, but as I recall Arkansas had (has) a rather draconian law on the books where even discussing naturism was illegal, punishable by up to a $2500 fine.John aka cobeachbum

Which is a serious infraction of the free speech guarantee we're supposed to have. Last I heard someone was going to attempt to challenge it on that basis.
Although I also heard it was a law that had not been invoked or any infractions fined for a long time if ever.

I wish America was a whole lot more open to casual nudity, the lack of it drives a whole lot of evil into society just by default, the origin of which evil goes unidentified.

This post was edited

Personally I think parks departments should be required to provide a portage of park space to nude and/or clothing optional use based on percentage of the population that indicate how many would use them from blind surveys. This would be similar to off road vehicle use etc. I dont believe those are as formal a process but they do pay attention to the demand vs environmental damage.

now that's a great idea. identify 10-20% of each park as clothing optional and post signs accordingly.

This post was edited