Off Duty

A friend of my who used to go to Gunnison a lot mentioned that he at times saw off dut lifeguards and rangers sunning and swimming nude.
Has anyone else seen this?

This topic was edited
RE:Off Duty

April 30 , 2020 . There's a reason you might see off duty rangers and lifeguards enjoying the beach they work at , on their day off . When working , they have to keep their clothes on the whole time while everyone enjoys being naked at the beach . Day off , they get to enjoy that same beach also doing that , laying out and swimming naked . Heck , wouldn't you like to be able to approach co-workers while completely naked and in the buff , knowing you can ? Knowing the next time you
see them when at work , you can laugh about being seen by them like that . After all , that is the whole reason that particular beach is known Nation-wide and World-wide as an openly Nude beach where anyone can get naked , no matter what their age or gender .

This post was edited

I've wondered about that, whether or not they think they're in a weird job tending to nudists looking in from the outside, or if they understand it and are nudists themselves. It's probably a diverse group with different attitudes about nudism. At a minimum they are used to seeing nude people.

I've always felt bad for the rangers having to wear a full uniform with lots of gear, it looks really uncomfortable on the hot sand and sun. I'm happy the rangers and lifeguards are there to ensure people have a good day. That beach can be a little like the wild west otherwise.

Off topic, at first I didn't like the alcohol ban as it's nice to have a beer or something, but the beach seems more peaceful now. I'm all for it.

This post was edited

I've been at Gunnison when the lifeguards get off duty (perhaps around 6 or 7pm). On one night that we were there late, the lifguards were blowing their whistles and waving everyone out of the water. Once everyone was out of the water they were able to go off duty. Once that happened the nudies went back into the water (knowing it was an unprotected beach). A few of the lifeguards stripped and went into the water as well. The park rangers? I could be mistaken but they just didn't seem the sort who would dare have a good time around those that they patrol.

This post was edited