Are you afraid of being recognized

I am an executive of a public organization as such most of my colleagues are not nudist nor can they understand why anyone would like this lifestyle. It will be damaging to my reputation and even possibly be removed from my position if the board of the organization discover that I live this lifestyle. Therefore I need to be extremely careful and discreet in practicing nudism. Anyone has any comment, please feel free to give us your thoughts.

Maria

This topic was edited
RE:Are you afraid of being recognized

Will nudist ever be in the main stream as LGBQT?

This post was edited

My situation is the same. Its sad that something so natural and comfortable is shunned so often. I stick to blacks beach, and hope for anonymity. So far so good, five and a half years of beach walks with just a hat and shades, about twice a week on average.

This post was edited

I can totally relate. I was fired from a previous job for revealing that I was a nudist. Even worse, the grounds for my being fired was sexual harassment. Apparently nudism is sexual harassment. If this doesn't convince you how menacing textiles are toward nudists, not sure what would. Thankfully, I was able to get another job without revealing this to my new employer (didn't ask - didn't tell). I'm a top performer in my field and have 20+ years of experience, so companies are typically quick to hire me. Anyhoo, I am super-cautious now and am back to my "closet-nudist," ways.

This post was edited

I can totally relate. I was fired from a previous job for revealing that I was a nudist. Even worse, the grounds for my being fired was sexual harassment. Apparently nudism is sexual harassment. If this doesn't convince you how menacing textiles are toward nudists, not sure what would. Thankfully, I was able to get another job without revealing this to my new employer (didn't ask - didn't tell). I'm a top performer in my field and have 20+ years of experience, so companies are typically quick to hire me. Anyhoo, I am super-cautious now and am back to my "closet-nudist," ways.

It is disgraceful that the world is full of bigoted irrational hypocrites. Great that you were able to bounce back quickly.

But to answer Maria, when you go to a nude beach and should you meet someone you know, embrace the time together and say how wonderful that they are also free to enjoy life as a nudist with all the positives that entails.

This post was edited

It is unfortunate, but I am glad that I overcame. It was a very good learning experience. It just shows how far our society has to go.

This post was edited

We reside in a social structure based on multiplicity. We have several very different selves we reveal, depending on the situation. Someone asked if nudism will ever be mainstream as the LGBTQ movement. I do not believe so the reason the LGBTQ movement has been given much of it's acceptance is politically based. Politicians saw a small, but growing, demographic that they could campaign to. However, even the most liberal politicians are not going to give nudists the same consideration as the naked human body mixed with clothed people is still a taboo that needs to remain in the shadows as far as they are concerned. It is this way because nearly everyone relates nudism to sex and mainstream society will never understand there can be a separation of the two. It is because of these reasons I do not tell 99.9% of the people I know that I am a nudist. I know that I'll be judged based on a standard of non-understanding. It is not a fear or phobia that I have but rather a method of self preservation. Which is actually sad, being that a gay person, meth addict or politician are all more socially accepted than we nudists are. Please note that I am not anti any lifestyle, I just used the three I did as examples.

This post was edited

In a word NO. I'm retired and everyone around me knows I'm a nudist. So nobody would be surprised if they saw me here or on any of the other websites I use. And, if they are looking here (or on the other sites), they must have an interest in nudity.

This post was edited

I definitely prefer to be a "closeted nudist" with respect to my colleagues and clients. I don't imagine that I will ever bring it up in a workplace. I have many non-nudist friends who know that I skinnydip when it's possible. Actually, there are some co-workers who would shrug, but I won't want to deal with the one who doesn't. I don't expect the rest of the world to grow up enough at this point to separate their prurient ideas of nudity with the healthy practice of nude recreation. Too bad, for sure.

This post was edited

Nope and if I am I now know I have a new close friend. They are here or at the nude beach, resort or nude cruise for the same thing....

This post was edited

I can understand why people in senior positions may want to be especially discrete about their nudist/naturist lifestyle.
And I also used to be very secretive about it many years ago.
Although I'm not a senior executive, I have worked in large organisations where it may have been frowned upon. However, the older I've got, the more I've come to disregard what others think regardless of whether they're friends or work colleagues. That's not to say I broadcast the fact, but if asked, I'll let them know. There are also websites where others could recognise me, but it doesn't bother me any more.
Depending where you live, are there any discrimination laws against employers dismissing nudists without good reason?

This post was edited