All or nothing v incremental

We probably are most comfortable being nude or we wouldn't be here.
However, when you can't be nude, does your comfort increase as the amount of clothing decreases.
For example.
Freeball v. underwear?
Shorts v. slacks?
Shirtless v. shirted?
My answer to all 3 would be yes.

This topic was edited
RE:All or nothing v incremental

Same here in warm weather unless we have special company.
Just have shorts on for frequent visitors.

This post was edited

With me still being "new" to nudism (and having a non-accepting wife) I don't get to be naked as much as I like. I've been doing a little more recently, since we're on "lockdown" from the virus and due to the recent protests over the Floyd death. My wife hasn't commented or acted repulsed, but she probably hasn't even realized that I've been doing my morning routines naked. That involves letting the pets out the pato door to potty, bringing them back in and feeding them, then letting them back out again. Standing in the patio doorway with the sliding door open while getting the pets in or out. Since most of this is happening about 5:00-5:30am while she's still in bed asleep, she probably doesn't even think of it when I'm naked waking her up at 6:00.
Having said that, I am most comfortable either fully clothed or fully naked. I'm not as comfortable at various stages in between. Of course, with my newness to the activity, I'm still a little uncomfortable being naked around others. I think my 40+ years of prior "conditioning" still has me believing (to some extent) that nudity is for sexual acts and I fear that I would screw up and act in a more sexual way if I was naked around others.

This post was edited

Yesterday I wore jeans to protect myself from the asphalt shingles I was installing. They came off as soon as the job was done for the day. Otherwise I would be in shorts with underwear and a tee shirt. At times I go without the shirt, but wear one most of the time for protection from the sun as well as it being a cultural thing.

This post was edited

I definitely more comfortable with less clothing. If I have to wear clothes, first on would be shorts then t-shirt followed by socks and shoes. From there I replace the shorts with jeans and so on So first preference nude, next just shorts and so on.

Luckily Ive been able to be nude almost the whole time since we got home Sunday afternoon. The only exceptions being shorts to get the mail yesterday (wife got the mail today), and a dentist appointment today. During the nude time Ive spent quite a bit of time taking care of and laying out by the pool both days with the neighbors out in their backyard just over the fence and up in their two story window (blinds were pulled and I saw movement). As always, no issue. We also have been eating at home more so fixing and sitting down to dinner with my wife has all been nude. Unfortunately she didnt strip until later in the evening. Tomorrow I shouldnt have to go anywhere and its supposed to be 103 so i forecast continued lack of clothing and an afternoon of floating in the pool.

This post was edited

Being hot blooded I can and do wear shorts far earlier in the spring and later in the fall than most. Pretty much been freeballing for 3 decades. Topside I will strip off a shirt whenever possible too.

This post was edited

I love free balling, but as a 74 year old there is a slight and common disorder with my age group (74 years old) which is urine leakage from my penis occasionally. When I wear no underwear I sometimes have dribbles and I need to get the shorts or pants off and change ASAP. Very embarassing, but real. I prefer to be totally nude all the time, but that is not a real opportunity for me.
Hickguy

This post was edited

No, there is no in between. I prefer to be nude and am most comfortable when so. Any amount of clothing is uncomfortable except maybe the robe I wear in between the house and the fire pit. Though I admit it is necessary some times.

This post was edited

The most outdoors in summer is a loose tee and shorts, unless the situation requires something else; at home and alone it is always nothing- year round

This post was edited

We probably are most comfortable being nude or we wouldn't be here.However, when you can't be nude, does your comfort increase as the amount of clothing decreases.For example.Freeball v. underwear?Shorts v. slacks?Shirtless v. shirted?My answer to all 3 would be yes.

I can remember the day (back in school), when playing sports in gym - just the idea of "shirts vs. skins" was stressful for me! Yikes! Please don't let me be a "skin!" Of course, now, I would be please let me be a complete skin! Much of this was dictated by body acceptance, perception, and society. So much "conditioning" about nudity - thankfully, I was able to tear that all down in college.

Yes, I would love to be "all in naked" all of the time. It's when I am my most comfortable and happy. But, when not possible, it's nice to "secretly" (or perhaps not always so secretly) know that I don't wear underwear or a shirt and that a piece of my nudist life is shining through. And again, not to be repetitive, but a piece of my complete acceptance of myself, my body, and my life.

This post was edited

Yes, I agree with the premise that less is better. I too wear shorts longer into fall and earlier in the spring, same with flip flops, or barefoot. I couldnt care less about the fashion, the weather determines what I wear. I have started wearing a long sleeve fishing shirt for sun protection when mowing, can take me 8 to 10 hours to mow. Other than that its naked and barefoot to minimal shorts. Next step is cargo shorts and a light shirt, flip flops if required. Mostly just the 2 items gets me thru all but going to work, March thru October. I hate cold, so winter wear is typical of the area. I prefer to wear a coat than heavy clothes, frequently seen barefoot in shorts wearing a coat, did I mention I have no fashion interest .

This post was edited