RE:Marmite

On a nude hiking week in the Austrian Alps we were asked to bring a food item especially reflecting our own country. There were people from all over the world so there was a vast variety of national dishes. I took a jar of Marmite. They ate it on toast and were fascinated.

This post was edited

There are two types of people. Those that hate Marmite, and those who are wrong :)

This post was edited

There are two types of people. Those that hate Marmite, and those who are wrong :)

There are 10 types of people - those who understand binary and those who don't. :-)

This post was edited

I didn't grow up with it, was hopeful when I tried itthat I would like it but found I didn't--at all. But I would encourage anyone to use it, it's quite nutritious with respect to B vitamins in particular.

I think what we grow up with has a strong influence on our tastes in later life, although tastes can change...
I like Marmite and don't think that the fact it comes from the brewing industry is relevant to a tea-totaller - it doesn't contain alcohol and that surly is what is important to them?

This post was edited

Wonderful stuff, I eat it every day

This post was edited

I love it on hot buttered toast.

This post was edited

Love it

This post was edited

Love it and love Brussel Sprouts

This post was edited

Love it and love Brussel Sprouts

Together?

This post was edited

What would I, an American, have brought? Popcorn, I think. It's a uniquely American food. When I visited an international Scout chalet in Switzerland in 1965, we brought some along, and the other scouts, from all around Europe, had never seen it before.

I'm sure it's made inroads into cuisine elsewhere in the world by now, though.

This post was edited