Naked confidence as a personal goal

Some people are just naturally confident. But for other people, it has to be worked on.

My wife, although initially very reluctant, observed that many women at the resort - socializing and lounging comfortably naked - showed a confidence she did not herself possess. I think she was in a way a bit jealous, and felt "naked confidence" was a worthwhile personal goal from Day 1; even if she didn't have much interest in becoming an actual "nudist."

The first year she tried but couldn't quite bring herself to staying nude for very long. The second year she made some progress but still couldn't bring herself to walking around the resort naked. The main issue was that we kept visiting different resorts; and she had to "acclimate all over again" each time.

She felt she couldn't quite "get there." So she had an idea: an extended nudist stay; where she could "challenge herself" to stay naked the entire time. To prepare for it, we spent more time naked at home and visited a nudist resort. This time she put her cover-up away and "worked on" staying naked all day. It was a success. She was ready.
We headed out to the B&B, checked in and headed for our room. My wife took a deep breath and got naked. Long story short: she never got dressed again. She had already made tons of progress prior to this trip at the resort and home. At the B&B she outdid herself. She totally embraced naked confidence, socializing, doing activities...and even participating in a nude photoshoot; which to her was the culmination of embracing confident nakedness.

I guess my post is more geared towards women who are looking for a path to naked confidence. For those who don't have it from the get-go; it is simply a matter of pushing yourself through your hang-ups. Through repetition and duration (I do recommend extended stays rather than day-long trips that only last a few short hours), anyone with the "drive" can get there.

This topic was edited
RE:Naked confidence as a personal goal

I think you are right, some people are naturally more shy in life, whether clothed or naked. Not everyone is out-going & confident in life let alone being naked in front of others. I think by normalising nudity and de-mystifying it will make lots of people more comfortable about it, maybe confidence will come from there. The media has some ridiculous body images that people think they have to live up to in order to be "normal" or attractive, as nudists we know otherwise. The more this site pushes a line of "everyone is different and everyone is OK" the better we would all be.

This post was edited