Island Spa 4/10/2021 visit review

Hey guys,

I went to the Island last Saturday and had a really great time. I found it to be exactly as kbryant described in his recent review, with one exception.

Since I was there on a Saturday, the crowd levels were different. Started out just fine. I walked thru the doors at 9 am so I was the first one checked in, first one in the locker room, first one in the water. Had the whole place to myself for about 5 minutes, lol.

It was pretty empty all morning, which was nice. Maybe 6 or 7 people total in the wet area which meant plenty of space no matter whether you were in a tub, on a chair, or in the steam or sauna.

Later in the day that changed. It got kinda crowded in the late afternoon/early evening. At least double, maybe triple than were there in the morning (almost 20). That meant over 3 people in the tubs (posted limit of 3 in the hot, 2 in the cold), all four chairs filled, and more than 3 in both the steam and sauna.

I didn't feel super comfortable then (I have both shots and they'd had a couple of weeks to settle, but still that's a lot of people) so I just grabbed my book and went out to the sofas. Not nearly as crowded there so I read, listened to some music, and eventually left at about 9 pm.

Yep, I was there from 9am to 9pm. Wanted to stay until closing time at 11, but I was so relaxed I was worried about staying awake on the drive home.

Will I go again? Absolutely. Going again this Saturday in fact (taking 3 friends), hoping to be first one thru the door again. I'm vaxxed, I know my comfort limits, and I know there's slight risk involved with everything now but I can always leave the area if it gets too crowded.

It just felt SO GOOD to be back!

Now I cannot wait to get back to Sunny Rest and Gunnison! C'mon summer!

This topic was edited
RE:Island Spa 4/10/2021 visit review

I went late last Thursday and it was packed too. At least 15, maybe more for the last hour before they closed.

This post was edited

Thank you for sharing the update. I hope to get my first visit there soon.

This post was edited

You may want to post the visit in a separate conversation. That way more people will see it and respond. On the 23rd I have an 11am funeral. If there is no repast, then I may go but I won't know until then. Let me know if you are going for sure.

This post was edited