Let's Hope 2021 Returns to Normal (More or less)

So looking forward to that first trip back to the OLT. I would love to do naked gardening day at the ranch, but that might be too soon to be pass Covid issues.

This topic was edited
RE:Let's Hope 2021 Returns to Normal (More or less)

I am also looking forward to betting back there. My wife gave a a coupon for my birthday that included a trip there. Hope we can take a trailer and spend a few days.

This post was edited

We will be heading back to VVHS on May 1 - 3. Covid sucks and they are still at limited capacity, but on the bright side, they are at limited capacity.

This post was edited

Check the calendar, that may also be Naked Gardening Day. Also, talk to Rosie or Doug about volunteering in the garden. Sabina is in charge of the ranch and garden right now, and there is a volunteer scheduled in 2 week increments that stays down there as well (see the March notification on the olt.org site, with a very selective process on who those long term volunteers are). They want people that will work hard, and minimal access to the hot springs. It's worth a shot asking. But expect to work your bare buns off for misc volunteer projects. I volunteered a couple of days back in spring of 2018, and Doug B. put me and another guy cleaning out the cattleguard , by hand , with pick and shovel. Like digging concrete. (most people would bring the farm tractor up from the ranch and lift it out, clean with the bucket. I think it's a way to discourage the flood of people that would want to get freebie soaks)

This post was edited

I was hoping to do Naked Gardening Day at the ranch this year but all activities like that are still on hold. Although it was suggested that I could still run one of my geology tours. With so few people there I might hold off on that until my next visit in June.

This post was edited

Update from April 21, 2021 OLT webpage:
World Naked Gardening Day celebration! (I am surprised. Wish I wasn't 2 days drive away)
https://www.olt.org/news/item/625-world-naked-gardening-day
Saturday May 1st
9:30am- 11:30am and/or 4pm - 6pm
at the Everson Ranch.

This post was edited

Awesome, I'll be there.

This post was edited