Deer problem

Hello people so here in south georgia ,the deer are eating my plants ,are all my broccoli and all but three stalks of corn.wondering if anybody has an suggestions on keeping them out without putting up a fence which I know they can jumb s fence

This topic was edited
RE:Deer problem

The only thing that I've found to work reliably is an electric fence.

This post was edited

The only thing that I've found to work reliably is an electric fence.

This post was edited

Thank y'all for the ideas the fence I don't want to put up because I run my tractor through there and then I'd have to take the fence down every time I want to use my tractor but I never thought about a tripwire I will definitely give that a try

This post was edited

Try a product called Plantskydd. It's a commercial version of 'blood', not the type one can at the box stores. I use it in large quantities for voles (not a spelling error, voles not moles) and deer. It works by making prey animals think predators have been around. When I notice deer beginning to browse on the blackberry canes, they stop when Plantskydd is applied. I've given samples to friends who did a test - they sprayed Plantskydd on one pile of watermelon rind and did not spray a second pile some distance away. The deer ate the unsprayed pile but left the sprayed pile alone. You can get it on Amazon in a ready-to-use spray or as a granular. We get it directly from the manufacturer because we use a lot. The form we use is a VERY FINE powder that needs an anti-foam agent added during mixing. The dry powder has a long shelf life but do not mix it in quantities larger than you can apply in an hour or so. Good luck.

This post was edited

Sounds interesting I'll have to look into, thanks again everyone

This post was edited

As a slight variant of the string option; I have tried using the near invisible fishing line to stop deer. The idea is they run into a barrier they can not see and do not return. My dogs have the run of my entire property and leave their scent everywhere; I suspect that adds to the deterrent factor. My sister got so mad at the deer eating her garden that she put up an 8 foot fence with multiple electric wires in place. She never had another problem. Good luck with yours.

This post was edited

So not sure if this is still relivent, but I have always heard from my great grandmother, on down that you "plant rosemary by your garden gate and lavender for luck." I had my front yard turned into tiered levels and planted jasmine vines to cover the ground among other plants that didn't need much attention. For half of the first summer after this I looked for all kinds of animals because it was eaten down to the roots! Finally I thought about that old saying, planted cascading rosemary all around the yard on the tiers, etc. The "gang" of deer that always came down the street eating from the yard in the evening started passing by mine and my jasmine started growing. So plant some rosemary around your garden... I'm still working on the luck thing!

This post was edited

plant rosemary all around the outside of the garden... The old saying "plant rosemary by your garden gate and lavender for luck"

This post was edited

I definitely am in the build a fence camp. I hear it has to be 7' or higher. Mine is. So far, no issues.

This post was edited

Lion poo if you can get it! Strangely it keeps deer away!
Some say alpaca poo works too, no knowing why.
So I built a fence, that works.
Good luck.

This post was edited