RE:Bi sexuality

Thanks LunaRover for your post and story, It's beautiful and courageous, which makes it good reading and you a beautiful and courageous person for writing it.
I agree with the wise feedback you've received and don't have much to add to your particular situation.
In general, I think we put too much focus on sexual orientation, which I see more of as a behavior than a lifestyle. The word homosexuality wasn't even invented until the Industrial Revolution. Before that people were just sexual, and that's still good enough for me. We could make a similar big deal out of asswiping: left, right or bi? Wipe up or down? With forums on bidets and how they transform us to come out, not to mention the intracies of toilet paper and reminiscing when it came in different colors and longing for it to be as wide as it was ten years ago.
Keep on supporting your friend too. I imagine transitioning may be like a second adolesence and worth having stable and supportive friends around. Good luck!

This post was edited

We are heterosexual.But we never tell anyone.

Well you don't have to, we live in a heteronormative society where everyone assumes that everyone is straight. Congrats.

This post was edited

We are heterosexual.But we never tell anyone.Well you don't have to, we live in a heteronormative society where everyone assumes that everyone is straight. Congrats.

My point was, we should not care what someones sexuality is. Its no ones business but your own.

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:

My point was, we should not care what someones sexuality is. Its no ones business but your own.

Absolutely. One of the obstacles that modern nudism has is conflating nudity with sexual soliciting. For a long time, at least here in the US, nude beaches were one of the few places where gay people could hit on other gay people without social stigma. (Some beaches, like Fire Island in New York, were famous for that.) This is because the people there were largely composed of artists, writers, and other creative types who were more tolerant of other people's lifestyles.

But when nude beaches were designated in other parts of the country, they didn't bring this tradition of tolerance with them, and you got more of a cross-section of a population. In those places, gays hitting on other men would often provoke a homophobic reaction and give the beaches a bad name.

That's a shame, because the whole idea of naturism (in my own opinion) is to strip public nudity of these connotations, and to encourage people to "live and let live" without fear of shaming or judging. Being gay in this environment means nothing more than being left-handed, or being brown. Someone might be chatting with me, and come out as gay. I accept that, and expect him to accept the fact that I'm not, or that I am but I'm not interested in a sexual relationship with him, and that would be that.

I guess that one of the reasons that couples find greater acceptance in the nudist community is that their sexual preferences are already on display, and questions like that don't have to be asked.

This post was edited

We are heterosexual.But we never tell anyone.Well you don't have to, we live in a heteronormative society where everyone assumes that everyone is straight. Congrats.My point was, we should not care what someones sexuality is. Its no ones business but your own.

Agree with you but unfortunately since nudism has devolved into nothing but getting naked and nudity is so tightly interwoven with sex in western society - then the non sexual approach which says your sexuality is your own business doesnt work anymore. So end up with a sex and sexuality forum on the so called nudist site where at least three out of five likes and connects is from a profile looking for sexual encounter. The nudism=nakedness=sex folks have won in the online space and are actively working to do the same in the real world

No one should be shamed or discriminated against for their sexuality but sexuality shouldnt be the defining aspect of nudism. IMO

This post was edited

Hey man, how are you doing?

This post was edited

This topic belongs on TS

Or perhaps you simply belong in a monastery.

This shit just kills me You can always count on a citation from an officer with the Purity Patrol.

If this topic is unfit for discussion here, then. why the fuck do we even have a Sex and Sexuality Forum in the first place?

This post was edited

I have always been straight, but since my wife passed and I started to become a nudist, I find more men stop to chat with me than women, maybe because women dont approach men by themselves. Men on the other hand do and some compliment me, and some even get more explicit, like telling me what theyd like to do with me, and yes it makes me feel good even horny so maybe Im a little bit bicurious although I havent acted on any offers and so far have declined their offer, I feel its just a matter of time before I allow myself to go for it

I hope you do Charlie.
I was the same, men would approach me at the beach with compliments and make offers. A gf was the first to notice any attention I was getting. Then it got more obvious.
She suggested I go for it and finally I did.

This post was edited

I was the same, men would approach me at the beach with compliments and make offers. A gf was the first to notice any attention I was getting. Then it got more obvious.She suggested I go for it and finally I did.

I agree, its fantastic that you had a gf that was supportive. I did as well.

This post was edited