RE:LOOKING FOR HELP TO PROMOTE THE NUDE LIFESTYLE

I never said the resorts were not a part of the problem... in fact they are exactly the reason some issues remain, such as discriminatory practices against single men. The issue extends beyond just the resorts. When we have 2 organizations that are implicit in being the organizational arm of nudism, then that requires responsibility far beyond just making a profit. From where I sit, they are ethically bound to do whatever is reasonable in promoting and even expanding nude social opportunities. If they are taking such initiatives, it is not apparent to others that this is happening. At the same time, since resorts are free to impose discriminatory requirements, there really is no incentive for them to act differently.
If that article was accurate and the pandemic led to some increase in attendance and memberships, that is great. But it really needs to be evaluated further so that we can know if the factors for this is controllable or if it was simply an opportunity due to pandemic conditions. If its is an otherwise controllable issue, then once it is identified, perhaps it can be applied to other communities in improving things. I'll take anything that positively increases the nude social opportunities for anyone. Hopefully there will be some feedback on this that can be shared with the rest of us in the future.

This post was edited

Perhaps AANR is more a trade organization to support privately held resorts rather than a nonprofit to support individuals who are nudists. In that case, the organization has a responsibility to its member organizations to provide accurate "state of the industry" reports. That would include data such as 1) the average age of resorts and how it's trending 2) the demographics of nudists overall and 3) the values, preferences and "key buying factors" of nudists by subgroup.
On both accounts of serving individuals and organizations, AANR seems to be failing. However, teaching resorts to turn down business from some groups (too much revenue already!) and hold others unaccountable for their behavior (anything goes if you're a white heterosexual couple) may be easier than navigating difficult change for a while. The problem is that there aren't too many funerals held at nudist resorts to bring in outsiders. If they're waiting for their members to all die or move to Florida, it will be too late to keep the doors open without changing to the times.

This post was edited

An increase in nude friendly places is going to be necessary for the opportunities to grow. I am unwilling to drive four to five hours to the nearest resort and pay for the priviledge to take all of my clothes off. Like most anything, economics drive the establisment and expansion of places to go and things to do. AANR and TNS may be helpful in getting greater numbers at resorts, but resorts are not necessarily where people want to go. It was mentioned above that they cater to the 60's and 70's crowd. Even though I am in that age group they don't offer what I would pay money for, especially if as a single male I would have a surcharge.
There will be growth when public spaces are declared nude acceptable. People will utilize them and spend their money at nearby stores and places to eat and drink.
I pay for annual state park entrance, some of which are big enough to have separate areas for nude beaches and campgrounds. When I do go to the parks, I buy gas for my car, food for my meals, and treats that I normally do not buy at all. Silent sports are attractions too. Kayaks, canoes, and water toys to rent, will bring in more revenue. Perhaps, textiles who have never considered being nude will venture to the areas that permit nudity and like all of us, they will enjoy it.
I suggest rallies organized for specifice times on specific days are the way to start this kind of growth with the provision that a protest is being made. Though we do not have the constutional right to just be naked, we do have the right to protest and be naked as long as they occur at the same time.

This post was edited

There are many valid points between Stoneandy and Nudeyooper, but I get the feeling here that there really isn't enough incentive to get others to come together and create enough pressure for some changes. Internally, the status quo appears to be satisfied enough in that there is no reason to operate in a different way. Externally, our way of life is not essential enough to worry about. Regardless of how people feel about nudism, the general feeling seems to be that what little nudism there is doesn't impact on societies ability to maintain their own status quo. So it humors things by moving on with life as if it wasn't even there. I think a greater potential lies in what Nudeyooper suggests as rallies. But not just any rally. One that generates an interest to the point that its impact wakes up those that reside around us. Once there is more acceptable ways of nudity that outsiders can participate in, the more likelihood it is that there will be greater interest into what the lifestyle is all about.

Another valid point is the convenience of being able to go nude. I dont want have to spend hours to drive somewhere or settle on the fact that one can only afford to do such things once or twice a year. Getting nude shouldn't have to take a vacation. Honestly, I would rather to be able to simply go out in my own back yard nude and bathe in what mother nature has to give - fresh air, warm breezes, gentle sunshine. Even more importantly, having the option to invite others to join in and bask in the glory of all that nudity! But that's not likely to happen unless you have a fenced in area not open to outside inspection. Right now, people don't feel free enough to express an interest that's supportive of nude oriented activity - even those who believe in these ideas. The fallout from openly supporting an idea that seems socially frowned on can be more than what they can bear.

We can organize as many rallies as we want - its an excellent idea - but unless the perceptive value of nudism begins to change, the majority of those that attend such things will be established nudists already. The more rally's we have though, the greater the potential will be in changing this perception. In the meantime, we also need to make this lifestyle more user friendly. The fees associated with being a part of things are really too high. Maintaining discriminatory policies against select members/participants should result in definitive consequences for those that choose to do so. I wish I was 20 or 30 years younger because I'd be willing to help establish a more responsive organization that resorts and members would want to be a part of, that had greater authority in making sure that appropriate policies and rules would be followed. The AANR and TNS are not set up as a entity designed to keep things headed in the right direction. They seem to lack the focus and resolve to regulate a community that greatly needs it in order to survive. We need younger blood in leadership roles that will help propel nudist initiatives in a way that will be receptive to everyone, not just certain dynamics that seem prevalent to the way things are today.

I sincerely hope that something materializes soon because what we have today may not be the same tomorrow.

This post was edited

It seems my posting has died out. Well, I'd like to share my new web Blog, nudistconsortium.com. I announced it to others today, so if any of you could visit it and let me know your thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Its a work in progress but over the next few months I'm hoping to work out the kinks and present a valued blog. It currently has 3 active pages but I will be modifying it as I get feedback and ideas towards making it a useful resource as well as a medium to gain acceptance by those outside our lifestyle. I hope I get some thoughts. Thanks in advance for helping out. ~Joe

This post was edited