Nude In View of Neighbors

Who has a backyard that is in full view of your neighbors and are you nude there? Did you ask your neighbors if they minded? Were there objections?

This topic was edited
RE:Nude In View of Neighbors

My back yard is in full view of the community. I live on a corner with no fencing and traffic from snowmobiles and UTV's to school buses and heavy trucks. Being nude in my yard would likely be a first class ticket to court.

This post was edited

My next door neighbor knows I'm a nudist because I told her, more than once. She made it clear that she didn't want to see me nude outside. I respect her wishes, but know when nobody is around.

This post was edited

Unless it's legal in your area, you should have a chat with your neighbors first, and be fully prepared for them to say "No."If you really want to do it, and there are no two story homes around you, get a new fence that has no gaps between the planks that's tall enough where someone can't just peak over it (and that should be fine). If you do have second story houses around you, there are these trees that grow like tall narrow cones about 4-6 feet wide and get 20-30 feet tall. You could make a literal wall of them to block lines of sight. Some other plants work well too. There's also things like screens, gazeebos, shade structures, etc that can obscure you, or obscure you enough that your attempts at privacy kick in and offer you legal protection.I suggest you google around for it, there's a lot of suggestions on both how to talk to neighbors about it, how to block lines of sight so it's not a problem, and how when that's not possible to do everything you can to minimize the view and lock in your legal rights to privacy (where applicable).That said, I fully admit talking to your neighbors about it is a highly daunting proposition, LOL! I have yet to work up the courage myself and just keep it indoors at home.

When my prior next door neighbor moved in ( long before I got my privacy fence) he mentioned that he liked to keep his back yard lights on after dare and hoped in wouldn't bother me. I told him I liked to keep my swimsuit off after dark and as long as he didn't complain, I wouldn't either.

This post was edited

My back yard has houses along one side of it with a couple of two story houses. Theres a small finger of the lake straight back with a house across the lake - only a few feet - with some vegetation that mostly blocks a view. Im pretty sure the side neighbors can see into my yard. We are planning to install a visual block. Imagine two poles about six feet apart with wire mesh in between. We will have a spreading, vine-like plant grow up the mesh to provide a natural block. I honestly couldnt care less if the neighbors see anything but I dont want to deal with any drama.

This post was edited