RE:WNBR 2022

I have already done NOLA twice. It was great, but I wanted to try something different. Plus my bucket list is doing all of them in the US and Canada. Madison is a week later, and Milwaukee, and Chicago I just found out a week after that. That gets into mid-late June so hopefully it will be warm. My concern was mostly with Toronto, not Columbus. The only one I am committed to right now is Austin. That is the same day as Columbus and Toronto. I suspect it may be just a bit warmer.

Probably a lot warmer!

This post was edited

Chicago June 25th 2022Anyone doing it?Anyone done Chicago before? How do you find out where to park? Isnt cold at night? Did you have fun? Is it awesome?
I also would like some info on Chicago. I figure being towards the end of June it will be fairly warm even at night. I had everything booked to do the Chicago ride in 2020, but like everything else Covid screwed it up.
I am looking into doing a Madison -Chicago or Milwaukee trip. Checking into some of the bike shops in Chicago it appears that a lot of them have discontinued their rentals due to Covid. My other option is to drive the 20 hour drive and bring my own bike. Might look into campsites (Nudist?) in the area to stay at.

This post was edited

I am starting to plan for the drive up north to do the Madison and Chicago rides. I hope to do the majority of the drive nude with at least 1 nude gas stop each way. My next drive north will be July 8-12 to Buffalo, then to the Syracuse area for a few days, then to Montreal for the WNBR there, They have had a ride in Buffalo on the second Saturday of July the past couple years. They don't announce the date, time, and place until a day or 2 before the ride. If it happens the weekend I am up there I will ride in it for sure.

This post was edited

Ready for the Madison ride. I am staying less than 4 miles from the check in point. Was just going to ride my bike there except it is 54 degrees out! Only going up to the mid 70's. Coolest day of the week :-( At least it will be sunny. Big difference from ATX!
I normally just wear a pair of nylon running shorts and no shirt to the ride since the shorts can be rolled up and do not take up much space.
This kind of temperatures is long pants and sweatshirt weather where I live and I don't have anyplace to store them so unless it warms up a bit by about 9:30 I will put the bike in the car and drive over.

This post was edited

Madison ride was fun, but got off to a rocky start. I decided that despite being a bit chilly to ride my bike the 4+ miles to the checkpoint.
This ride is weird. Nothing is announced in advance except the location of the checkpoint that is not the starting spot for the ride. They have a strict 10:45 AM cutoff and it is if you can't make it by then try again next year. I figured that I was about 25 min away by bike and left here at 9:40 just to be safe. When I was about halfway there my rear tire went flat. No big deal since I carry a spare tube and have a small tire pump. Only problem is the new tires I put on the bike have stiffer sidewalls than normal and I could not simply peel it off the rim like normal tires. I was in front of a used car lot and I went in and asked if I could borrow a screwdriver. The person there was very nice and even put his tire inflator on the air hose for me. When I took it off, I was surprised to see that the whole tube was dry rotted and falling apart. I bought these less than 2 years ago. Anyway, I put the new tube in, inflated the tire, put it back on the bike and was on my way. I ended up getting to the checkpoint at 10:40, just barely on time. If I would have missed the ride by a few minutes I would have been really pissed
The ride itself was a bit disappointing at first. Because everything is kept so secret there were hardly any spectators for the first couple miles. As we got closer to Downtown there were a few more, but nowhere near what I have seen on other rides. Then we got to the circle around the Capitol building. There was a farmers market type thing going on and it was packed. Tons of people cheering us on. The funniest thing I saw was a guy covering his kid's eyes with one hand and the other hand holding up his phone to take video of us.. We went through a park and a lakefront and through the University Of Wisconsin campus. Decent amount of spectators, but no where what I have seen on other rides. Overall it was a fun ride, met some real nice people including the organizer of the Milwaukee ride next week that I was going to skip to do the Chicago ride. He told me that doing both is doable and that he will save me a parking spot right near the start/ finish point so I can get out of there quickly. So I am going to do both rides next week, that will make 4 rides in a span of 15 days

This post was edited
RE:WNBR 2022---VIDEO

Video from Madison WNBR:
1st video https://youtu.be/dhaWW7vskbk I am the 47th rider through at the 1:21 mark
2nd video https://youtu.be/WYV1DMoXpzE I am at the :039 mark

This post was edited

I saw your license plate while we were riding @ the ATX ride!

This post was edited

I have one for every state that I ride in. Kind of my personal trademark, although with the number of people asking about them I may have started a trend.
I get them from www.bikepl8s.com The size I get costs about $10 each and they are very quick. Usually get them within a week
Next Saturday I will keep the Wisconsin plate on for Milwaukee then put the Illinois plate on for Chicago.

This post was edited

I have one for every state that I ride in. Kind of my personal trademark, although with the number of people asking about them I may have started a trend.I get them from www.bikepl8s.com The size I get costs about $10 each and they are very quick. Usually get them within a weekNext Saturday I will keep the Wisconsin plate on for Milwaukee then put the Illinois plate on for Chicago.

I saw the Quebec plate.
Was the ride in Montreal?
If so, how was the route?
I know Montreal is a rather hilly city.

This post was edited

I did Montreal in 2019 and doing it again this summer 8/16? I dont remember it being hilly.

This post was edited