RE:New Projects

Here are three of mine in the last month, A dining table base in silver leaf, a two door cabinet in silver leaf and a curved glass walnut curio cabinet. Oh by the way, I do this professionally! I wonder if the owners know they were constructed by a naked man!!!

This post was edited

Very nice work.

This post was edited

very nice indeed.

This post was edited

Found a great idea for the bathrooms. These Jacuzzi spas, if you dont use them all the time. The water in the pipes will turn black. We figured out to pull those tubs out. And put in a sauna instead. Just an idea

This post was edited

I'm no woodworker by any stretch of the imagination but I do enjoy making some sawdust at times. When I moved in with my partner in September we began acquiring discarded pieces here and there, from other residents who had wood on their spot when they moved in that they didn't want or need, from the burn pile where people chuck things away as they upgrade their decks, even leftover wood from my sweetie's deck being built back in 2020. So yeah, the hoarding of things has now come into the wood collecting and I need to start doing something with it or I'm going to get a spanking of the bad kind!

I built a horseshoe scoring tower for my clothed friend back in Charlottesville yesterday, yay! It only took a few pieces to complete, along with some screws and glue, but every piece out of our barn counts in my favor in the way of 'thinning the herd' of wood. There's still work to be done on it but mostly just painting and finishing touches. Since I did it when G wasn't home I stuck to non-power tools except for the drill. Nude woodworking still needs to be kept safe, and a circular saw when no one else is home just begs to become a trip to the ER. A man's gotta know his limitations.

Thank you for the inspiration, my bare but industrious friends!

This post was edited

Im in the process of setting my shop again. Cant wait to work on the long list of projects I have.

This post was edited

Since I did it when G wasn't home I stuck to non-power tools except for the drill. Nude woodworking still needs to be kept safe, and a circular saw when no one else is home just begs to become a trip to the ER. A man's gotta know his limitations.

I have seen similar comments regarding the use of power tools while nude and have yet to figure out the logic behind it. If wearing jeans and T-shirt or Carhart shirt, a circular saw blade, band saw, reciprocating saw, etc., is not going to slow down one little bit when it hits the fabric. If you're afraid of being injured using a power tool nude, then you shouldn't be using them clothed either as they are still just as likely to injure you.
The clothing provides nothing in the way of personal protection against injury using most any power tool.

This post was edited

Clothes may help stop a splinter or two but really most of the time you'll get those in your hands. So to be safe wear work boots, safety glasses and gloves! And expect to get a nice coating of sawdust on your sweaty body!

This post was edited

Since I did it when G wasn't home I stuck to non-power tools except for the drill. Nude woodworking still needs to be kept safe, and a circular saw when no one else is home just begs to become a trip to the ER. A man's gotta know his limitations.I have seen similar comments regarding the use of power tools while nude and have yet to figure out the logic behind it. If wearing jeans and T-shirt or Carhart shirt, a circular saw blade, band saw, reciprocating saw, etc., is not going to slow down one little bit when it hits the fabric. If you're afraid of being injured using a power tool nude, then you shouldn't be using them clothed either as they are still just as likely to injure you.The clothing provides nothing in the way of personal protection against injury using most any power tool.

My comment had little to do with the nudist aspect and everything to do with being alone. My eighty-eight year old mom knows to never pick up her favorite power tool, an old circular saw, when no one is there with her. At sixty-two I'm trying to be realistic and follow the same rules, within reason. If by some freak accident I lose control and the saw blade digs into an artery I might bleed out before I can get to a phone or at least a tourniquet.

Your post does bring up an interesting side note for me - I've never thought about researching a purchase of safety clothing, something like those suits shark divers wear which might stop or at least diminish the damage during a catastrophic event. The opposite of nudie, I know, but I am now intrigued with the prospect of increasing the safety factor during solo saw usage.

This post was edited

SinceYour post does bring up an interesting side note for me - I've never thought about researching a purchase of safety clothing, something like those suits shark divers wear which might stop or at least diminish the damage during a catastrophic event. The opposite of nudie, I know, but I am now intrigued with the prospect of increasing the safety factor during solo saw usage.

Start by looking at chainsaw chaps then. They are made to stop a chainsaw running wide open, so maybe a company that makes them may have a line of other types of protective clothing.

This post was edited