RE:Male Brazilian wax

I tried shaving a few times, but couldn't stand it when the hair grew back in. It was way too itchy and I didn't want to go through the hassle of shaving every single day. I then started waxing myself at home with hard wax a few years ago. Basically gave myself a full Brazilian, accept for my balls. I could wax the edges of my balls, but in the center the skin was just too loose and painful to do myself. I basically just waxed everywhere else (which wasn't that painful) and then just shaved my balls. Luckily the hair on my balls grew slower than the rest of my pubic hair, so only needed to shave once a month when I also waxed myself. After doing this about 6 months, I finally decided to have a professional Brazilian wax done by an esthetician. It was so much faster and less painful. Waxing myself, it would take about an hour, but the esthetician would have me done in a half hour and because I wasn't watching, I wasn't anticipating each time the wax is torn off. The anticipation really is the worst. The only problem with the waxing was I was infrequently having issues with ingrown hairs. Other times, the skin on my balls would get really tender, almost like I had sunburn, and take several days to heal. My esthetician finally recommended I try sugaring. After I found an esthetician who did male Brazilians using sugaring (not easy in my area), the results have been great. I've been doing sugaring for about a year now and I seldom have any ingrown hairs anymore. I also don't have the tender, irritated skin on my balls. I now go every 3 weeks, so I am always smooth. So if you are on the fence between waxing and sugaring, I would definitely go with sugaring as there are many advantages:
1. The sugar is applied at room temperature, so you don't have to worry about it being too hot or getting burned like you can with wax.
2. The sugar pulls the hair out in the direction of the hair growth, instead of against like with wax. This results in slightly less pain and less ingrown hairs.
3. Because the sugar doesn't have to be cooled down before pulling off, the whole hair removal time is a lot faster. I'm done in 20 minutes, where a male wax Brazilian normally take 30 to 40 minutes for a guy.
4. The sugaring can remove shorter hairs, so you don't have to wait as long between your appointments, meaning you spend more time being smooth.
5. If any sugar is left behind or gets on your clothes, you just simply rinse off with warm water when you get home.
6. The sugar is made with all natural ingredients and not made with a bunch of synthetic ingredients like wax is.

This post was edited

I get waxed every 4-5 weeks. The first and second times were pretty painful, but after that I became pretty unbothered. My issues come if the wax is too hot, but other than that it's kind of relaxing and it feels like pampering for my pubic area, which is nice.

This post was edited

I tried shaving a few times, but couldn't stand it when the hair grew back in. It was way too itchy and I didn't want to go through the hassle of shaving every single day. I then started waxing myself at home with hard wax a few years ago. Basically gave myself a full Brazilian, accept for my balls. I could wax the edges of my balls, but in the center the skin was just too loose and painful to do myself. I basically just waxed everywhere else (which wasn't that painful) and then just shaved my balls. Luckily the hair on my balls grew slower than the rest of my pubic hair, so only needed to shave once a month when I also waxed myself. After doing this about 6 months, I finally decided to have a professional Brazilian wax done by an esthetician. It was so much faster and less painful. Waxing myself, it would take about an hour, but the esthetician would have me done in a half hour and because I wasn't watching, I wasn't anticipating each time the wax is torn off. The anticipation really is the worst. The only problem with the waxing was I was infrequently having issues with ingrown hairs. Other times, the skin on my balls would get really tender, almost like I had sunburn, and take several days to heal. My esthetician finally recommended I try sugaring. After I found an esthetician who did male Brazilians using sugaring (not easy in my area), the results have been great. I've been doing sugaring for about a year now and I seldom have any ingrown hairs anymore. I also don't have the tender, irritated skin on my balls. I now go every 3 weeks, so I am always smooth. So if you are on the fence between waxing and sugaring, I would definitely go with sugaring as there are many advantages:1. The sugar is applied at room temperature, so you don't have to worry about it being too hot or getting burned like you can with wax.2. The sugar pulls the hair out in the direction of the hair growth, instead of against like with wax. This results in slightly less pain and less ingrown hairs.3. Because the sugar doesn't have to be cooled down before pulling off, the whole hair removal time is a lot faster. I'm done in 20 minutes, where a male wax Brazilian normally take 30 to 40 minutes for a guy.4. The sugaring can remove shorter hairs, so you don't have to wait as long between your appointments, meaning you spend more time being smooth.5. If any sugar is left behind or gets on your clothes, you just simply rinse off with warm water when you get home.6. The sugar is made with all natural ingredients and not made with a bunch of synthetic ingredients like wax is.

WOW, thanks no tan lines, this is a real post and I appreciate your depth of explanation and knowledge. When a person takes the time to fully cover a topic like you have done here, it really makes me much more open to the idea of trying waxing (or even sugaring, something I'd never heard of before). I'm not into pain so I've always had a deep aversion to trying this procedure. Now I'm feeling enthusiastic, though still on the fence about spreading my legs and going for it.

My razor has been doing pretty well for many years, but thinking of a procedure done once a month instead of once every three days has appeal, joke not intended. My honey has tired of the ingrown hairs with the razor and I'm going to try to see if anyone up here in this part of the world does sugaring. We've been struggling just to locate a good waxer up here in the boonies of Virginia's tidewater region, much less a sugarer.

This post was edited

WOW, thanks no tan lines, this is a real post and I appreciate your depth of explanation and knowledge. When a person takes the time to fully cover a topic like you have done here, it really makes me much more open to the idea of trying waxing (or even sugaring, something I'd never heard of before). I'm not into pain so I've always had a deep aversion to trying this procedure. Now I'm feeling enthusiastic, though still on the fence about spreading my legs and going for it.My razor has been doing pretty well for many years, but thinking of a procedure done once a month instead of once every three days has appeal, joke not intended. My honey has tired of the ingrown hairs with the razor and I'm going to try to see if anyone up here in this part of the world does sugaring. We've been struggling just to locate a good waxer up here in the boonies of Virginia's tidewater region, much less a sugarer.

Glad I could help! The first time or two will hurt more, but any pain is very manageable and over very quickly. I recommend you take Tylenol or ibuprofen an hour before your first appointment and then you can determine if you need it at any subsequent appointments. If you go at a regular schedule (3 to 6 weeks), the bulb at the root of your hair follicle starts getting smaller and smaller, so the hair comes back in more fine and is easier to pull out.

I had to make a lot of phone calls to find people that did male sugaring in my area and found only two by me. There were a few more who only did females but would make an exception if you had a referral.

Also a tip for us nudist...avoid getting sun on that area, especially on the the scrotum, for the day or two leading up to your waxing/sugaring. It makes the skin a little more tender there when wax/sugar is being pulled off. I know that from experience.

This post was edited

I've been wanting to get waxed for a while and had read good things about sugaring. Thanks for all the info.

This post was edited

I use NY sugaring, It is alot less painful and the girls who it are pretty as well.

This post was edited

You may want to try full Brasilian laser. It's permanent after 6 sessions and you get a really smooth pubic area as well as penis and scrotum!

This post was edited

Ive been getting Brazilian for 3 1/2 years now. I do full Brazilian including butt, chest, stomach, nose and ears.

This post was edited

If you go at a regular schedule (3 to 6 weeks), the bulb at the root of your hair follicle starts getting smaller and smaller, so the hair comes back in more fine and is easier to pull out.Have been epilating for 23 years and found the same thing. For a few years used a topical pain relief (Solarcaine). Epilate once a week, and regrowth is minimal, only visible up close, and not itchy.

This post was edited

I get a Brazilian wax every 6 - 8 weeks. I had been getting lasered but the salon closed for covid and never opened. I changed to this and they have both. I wanted to try wax again and like it. Neither turn me on as I hoped, lol, but I can fantasize. And the looks you get rom the waiting females at times is funny, and more fantasizing. If only a guy or two were waiting too. I always go commando and willing to get new recruits along.

This post was edited