curious about Christian values

had this discussion at work, about why evangelicals and other 'christians' find donald trump so palatable. what is it about him that they like, and what about his behaviour makes him seem so 'christ like' to them?

This topic was edited
RE:curious about Christian values

I cannot understand how anyone other than those who easily fall under the spell of cult leaders can follow this dangerous fool.
I can only think that is has something to do with the worship of money and Trump 'appears' to be successful and beating the American tax system. Evangelicals and pentecostalist types seem to be materialist and prosperity driven. The poor do not count!

This post was edited

Wild Willy I make it a policy not to discuss or debate religion and politics on this site, but for you I will make an exception.
Amen.

This post was edited

Hypocrisy.

This post was edited

The prosperity bible. If you are doing well, then God favours you. If you are down on your luck, you have fallen out of favour. Doesn't sound like the God of love that Christians are supposed to believe in.

This post was edited

I dont think its so much that they like or approve of Trump per se but that they think he will make appointment in his gift of which they will approve. In some of their eyes the kind of appointments that Democrats would make would undercut their view of how the US should develop. There are those, of course, who wrongly apply OT ideas about land/nation to the USA not realizing that in biblical terms all societies are really Babel.

This post was edited